Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Semi Solid Timber floor warpped

Options
  • 01-07-2014 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Need advice please. I bought a new oak semi solid timber floor. Two weeks ago the floor was delivered and one board was taken out of the top packet to see the colouring. This board was then left flat ontop of the packs, went to lay the floor after two weeks of it acclimatising and this board that had been taken out of the pack was banana shaped.

I took out another board which was only 1.5 foot in length, this was also banana shaped. Opened the next packed down and the same thing the boards coming out of the packets are warped.

The carpenter has refused to lay them as the moisture content of the boards is at 14%. There has been no heat on in the house so drying them out too quick is not the issue. I can understand why he won't lay them and I'm glad he won't as they wont even slot together. He was supposed to lay it as a floating floor.

Can anyone explain why this has happened the boards?

The shop rep is trying to fob us off saying that this can happen if they are stored for too long before being laid. I've put down semi solid floors in other rooms before and they were left for a over a month and this didn't happen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dee1234

Also the moisture content of the boards after 2 weeks is reading 14% if that is of any help, this is not a new house either its almost 40 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 1 The Red Haired Lady

Hi
    The moisture content of the wood was wrong before you got it from the shop
    I had the same problem one time with a shop.
    Go back to the shop and demand a refund /replacement, failing that there is a shop out in county Limerick that we have used recently and found them great, don't remember what the name of shop but the mans name is Pat and his contact is 0876761272

Advertisement