Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving test query

Options
  • 04-02-2014 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

Hi there

I was wondering if someone could help in relation to a query. I recently applied to sit my driving test. however i have just realized that my provisional license is due to expire on the 9th of February (this would be my second permit) my question is can i sit my full driving license now when i am called to do it or do i have to sit a test for my provisional license again? Or can i just re apply for a new learners permit on the basis that i have my existing license although this would be my third permit?

Thanks in advance for yer response!

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭MascotDec85

Niallers87 wrote: »
    Hi there

I was wondering if someone could help in relation to a query. I recently applied to sit my driving test. however i have just realized that my provisional license is due to expire on the 9th of February (this would be my second permit) my question is can i sit my full driving license now when i am called to do it or do i have to sit a test for my provisional license again? Or can i just re apply for a new learners permit on the basis that i have my existing license although this would be my third permit?

Apply for a renewal using your test application confirmation to obtain your 3rd learner permit.
    Unless you physically have the new permit you will not be able to sit the tst so you MAY need to cancel it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Niallers87 wrote: »
    Hi there

You will have to apply for your learners permit and physically have that to sit your test for a full driver licence. The slip of paper they give you won't suffice on day of test for full licence.

You would have to push the date of your test out (if time - 10days, allows) or else cancel your test; re-apply and pay to sit test again.

Waiting times tend to vary from 4-8weeks to receive any licence from the NDLS.

You could use the time to keep practising and taking lessons,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Niallers87

Thanks for your responses guys, i better get studying!!;)

Advertisement