Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recycling clothes

Options
  • 03-08-2013 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

hi i need to do a big clear out of clothes i dont wear anymore. i'll bring the stuff thats decent to the charity shops but what can i do with the very old raggedy stuff that ppl just wouldn't buy....are they ok to put in the clothes banks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

clare82 wrote: »
    hi i need to do a big clear out of clothes i dont wear anymore. i'll bring the stuff thats decent to the charity shops but what can i do with the very old raggedy stuff that ppl just wouldn't buy....are they ok to put in the clothes banks?

Donate all your stuff to a charity shop, charity shops can sell your raggedy clothes in bulk to textile recycling companies.

If you want to be good about it, put a label on the bags indicating which ones have the good clothes in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭clare82

ah brilliant thanks :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Dont put your clothes in a clothes bank.

They will be robbed later that night.

Bring your clothes to a propper charity shop instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 envaction

Yeah I agree with Paddy147. I'm sure that they will get stolen from the clothes bank if you put them in their. I'm sure that if you donate them to a charity it will be much better. And that way people will be able to benefit from it, and you can feel good!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

[mod] Old thread. Closed. [/mod]

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement