Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

3 point turn, Hill start?

Options
  • 05-02-2014 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

what's the <SNIP> with this the <SNIP> 3 point turn and the hill start? check all your blinds spots. Get the biting point of the clutch release the handbrake, turn the steering wheel. Pull up the handbrake, Check blind spots, get biting point of clutch, release the handbrake. Don't dry steer. Repeat the same and then the <SNIP> start. Pull up handbrake, go into first then get the biting point release handbrake. What's if you got a fancy Mercedes or them new bmws and you don't have a manual handbrake you got a pedal one or electric one. How the <SNIP> am I supposed to do a hill start if I got no manual handbrake? Can't you use the brakes like on a transit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Well that's an easy one. Just turn and hill start properly making sure your observation is good and you don't roll back... If you're driving a car with a different form of handbrake you should probably mention it when the tester gets in, they shouldn't have a problem with it but it's handy for them to know that you know it's different to normal... The car I did my test in has a few bells and whistles that you don't normally get on a car and I just mentioned them straight off to the tester. His response was basically "That's grand".

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

This isn't after hours, I've removed the foul language from your post. I'd appreciate it if you could keep things clean in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭RedDeadMarshal

This isn't after hours, I've removed the foul language from your post. I'd appreciate it if you could keep things clean in here.

and I'd appreciate it if you would have a sense of humor. Why did you remove my foul language? I really bet a lot of little kids go on boards.

Advertisement