Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Expired Provisional - do I need to repeat theory test?

Options
  • 05-02-2014 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭

Hey guys. I first passed the theory test and got my provisional license in 2008. Since that I have not taken a test (applied and cancelled) but I have let my second provisional go out of date, it expired in 2012.

I want to reapply for a learner's permit now and I know I have to show proof that I've applied for the actual driving test, but does anyone know if I have to redo the theory test and do those mandatory lessons first? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Since the date of expiry of your last learner permit is within five years of today, you can just renew it and you won't have to do the theory test or EDT. Get your test sorted, then live long and prosper! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

ARE YOU SURE? :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

No, you don't need to re take the theory test, or do the mandatory lessons. To get a third leaner permit, you just need to apply to do your test. If your last learner permit has been expired for 5 years or more, you would need to go back to the very beginning and re do every thing from scratch. But as it only expired in 2012, you are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

ARE YOU SURE? :D:D:D

Hai, Daniel-san.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Best answer ever. Thanks a million guys :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement