Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky TV..no listings available

Options
  • 26-04-2015 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I can't view the programmes on my Sky Tv guide from tomorrow onwards it just says "no listings available".
    I've tried switching it off for five minutes, also did a planner rebuild, but it's still happening.This happened last night around 8pm and the rebuild worked. Tonight around the same time it's happened again.?
    Does anyone know a solution to this?

I know I could ask Sky to send out an engineer to check but don't want to go that route as I'm sure it's a high call out charge. Box is less than 6 months old

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,835 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    I know I could ask Sky to send out an engineer to check but don't want to go that route as I'm sure it's a high call out charge. Box is less than 6 months old
    You could always call them and they may be able to talk you through a couple of things. Alternatively you could have a read through the help section of their online support.

If the box is only 6 months old its still under warranty and you are entitled to a replacement. Should you cost you nothing but bear in mind that should they replace the box you will loose all recordings obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Hi,

I can't view the programmes on my Sky Tv guide from tomorrow onwards it just says "no listings available".
    I've tried switching it off for five minutes, also did a planner rebuild, but it's still happening.This happened last night around 8pm and the rebuild worked. Tonight around the same time it's happened again.?
    Does anyone know a solution to this?

Sounds like a signal issue,check the signal strength and quality on both feeds might be that one of your leads is loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

One of the inputs isn't working correctly or is working intermittently. Check the cables at the back of the box and then do a signal test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Thanks guys. Taught it was the cable but looked and seems to be okay and I'm getting full signal. Have tired planner rebuild but hasn't worked.
    Should I try a system rebuild before I call them.?

Thanks guys. Taught it was the cable but looked and seems to be okay and I'm getting full signal. Have tired planner rebuild but hasn't worked.
    Should I try a system rebuild before I call them.?

You say the coax was fine.Is there only one feed going into the box or two ? If only one thats the reason unless the box is set to single feed mode.

• Advertisement

Only the one. Will a system rebuild work.

Only the one. Will a system rebuild work.

No a system reset wont work.
    You need to put the box into single feed mode ;Press Services 001 select which will bring up the hidden installers menu
    Under set up which will be highlighted in yellow scroll down to single feed mode and set it to On then press select.
    This will reboot the box and that will sort out your problem of the planner not being populated .

Thanks Spawker the above post worked. Your a star

Another small thing. I can only record one thing at a time now. Previously I could record two. Can this be fixed easy.?
    Don't want to mess around with it to much as it's working again

Thanks Spawker the above post worked. Your a star

Another small thing. I can only record one thing at a time now. Previously I could record two. Can this be fixed easy.?
    Don't want to mess around with it to much as it's working again

You can only record two channels at the same time if you have two working feeds which you must have had previously.You say in a earlier post that you only have one lead going into the box now,what happened to the other one ?

I'm sure there was only 1 lead going in. There are no loose leads around the floor or on the ground. Would an extra start lead be the issue. There is 1 HDMI lead also from TV to box as well as the main feed from dish
    I now cannot watch another channel while a programme is recording ?
    Sorry probably something easy but not tech savvy at all

• Advertisement

There should be two coax feeds going into the box they are screw on leads with a small silver f connector on the end.
    Scart and Hdmi leads are only to get the picture and sound to the tv.

Thanks Spawker will have a look tonight

If you can, post a picture of the back of the box with all the leads in place.

Hey
    Pics attached.hoping it's something simple.should there be a cable going into Input 2???

Yeah there should be a second cable. Can you check your dish outside and see if there are two cables running from it?

Yep two cables coming from it

Yep two cables coming from it

Do you have another box? If not there should be a second cable. Maybe it has come loose and fallen somewhere hard to see.

Do you have another box? If not there should be a second cable. Maybe it has come loose and fallen somewhere hard to see.

Hi Jimmy there is a lose cable/wire behind the box. Would this have come lose?
    Previously I could record two things at the same time. Now I can only record one thing and cannot watch another channel. Any ideas?

Hi Jimmy there is a lose cable/wire behind the box. Would this have come lose?
    Previously I could record two things at the same time. Now I can only record one thing and cannot watch another channel. Any ideas?

Yes that looks like the second cable alright. There should be a screw type connection on the top of it or it could still be attached to the box. Can you have a look for it and pop it back into the second input on the back of the box.

The reason you can only record one thing is because the box is in single feed mode. It's best to leave it like this until you get the second cable sorted. You said the box is only six months old, did you upgrade from an older box or is it a new account?

Upgrade. If I put the second cable into the box, should I change the single feed to off and repower or rebuild.?

• Advertisement

Upgrade. If I put the second cable into the box, should I change the single feed to off and repower or rebuild.?

When you put the second feed in the box you should just turn off single feed mode. This will then reboot the box. Do a signal test by pressing services 03 (I think) and both of the lock indicators should be showing as okay if everything is set up right. You should be covered under warranty if all else fails.

Will have a look over the weekend.thanks a mill for all the advice

Hi lads
    All working again. Thanks for your help. Loose cable at back.
    1 new problem now. All items that are on series link (soaps for the missus and my programmes) are gone from the planner., yet they are all in the scheduled recording section.
    Will a planner update restore these to the planner?

Hi lads
    All working again. Thanks for your help. Loose cable at back.
    1 new problem now. All items that are on series link (soaps for the missus and my programmes) are gone from the planner., yet they are all in the scheduled recording section.
    Will a planner update restore these to the planner?

No they are are in the scheduled section since the update only when they are recorded will they move into the all section of the planner and the stuff you have series linked will stay in the scheduled section of your planner.

Cheers

Advertisement