Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sky update

• 21-04-2015 3:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Force update available from sky now .
    Alls good so far. Its seems to of fixed low sound bug..... Thank god it was very bad going from the likes of sky one on to RTE and having everyone left deaf...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Is it the update listed on here ? are the other features there ?

Click the update below the green one as the green one is only small bug fixes

http://skyepginfo.co.uk/Firmware/SkyPlusHD.php

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭dickieh

Most sky boxes where and still are on R010.070.58.17P over the next few months the new R011.075.46.00P that had a few small bug fixes so now has become R011.075.52.00P is availabe with a forced upgrade the list of new features are here http://skyepginfo.co.uk/Firmware/SkyPlusHD.php

Look at the update R011.075.46.00P to see whats changed !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

How do you update manually?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

MrMac84 wrote: »
    How do you update manually?

Hold down the back up button on the sky box. Keep it held down, unplug the box, plug it back in. It should say updating software after a minute. Do not let go of the back up button until the message appears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I wonder did they fix the HDMI-CEC issue when using a magic eye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Volume issue still there !

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭dickieh

Yes i was wrong Volume is still an issue ! When i first updated it was late and all was silent at home, but today with the normal background noise i still had to up..up..up the volume just to hear spoken words ! sky should address this surely ! I know its been discussed allot on here and i believe its down to the manufactures who make the box ? is this correct other wise sky would of fixed it by now. Any who its a good update.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Got the update for that last night (or during today, not sure as Sky wasn't used til 8pm today).

Didn't notice any discernable difference to the audio. Those Planner tweaks look good initially.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭villa2008

Been trying to force update the software on a standard sky box and for whatever reason it is just not updating. Followed the force update instructions exactly.

Any reasons why it might not be happening??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

villa2008 wrote: »
    Been trying to force update the software on a standard sky box and for whatever reason it is just not updating. Followed the force update instructions exactly.

Any reasons why it might not be happening??

Only the very latest black Sky-HD boxes appears to be getting any future updates.

The older non-HD Sky and Sky+ boxes are no longer being developed for and the software for them is no longer even carried on the update stream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭villa2008

Kensington wrote: »
    Only the very latest black Sky-HD boxes appears to be getting any future updates.

The older non-HD Sky and Sky+ boxes are no longer being developed for and the software for them is no longer even carried on the update stream.

Fair enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

these boxes arn't getting any future updates...says so on previous skyepginfo link...

Pace, Samsung & DRX780 Sky+HD boxes will NOT receive the R011 update.

will this mean sky will start replacing these outdated/obsolete boxes?

from sky..

Amstrad DRX7804F30 Incompatible - will not be updated
    Pace HD 9F30 Incompatible - will not be updated
    Samsung HD 9730 Incompatible - will not be updated
    Thomson HD4E30 Incompatible - will not be updated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Is there any way to put the old firmware onto a sky box and stop it updating? I'd love to be able put the old firmware on my boxes and get the card trick back..... One can dream I suppose. ..

Advertisement