Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2nd Magic Eye on New HD Box

Options
  • 18-04-2015 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

Got a replacement box from Sky as my own +HD box failed.The new box came without an RF2 connection on the back.
    I ordered an iO Link from them also to allow viewing in two other rooms(€12 delivered).

My previous set up allowed me to view and change channels from the other rooms via a magic eye at each tv fed through a amp with a bypass.

My problem is that in order to get the bedroom magic eye to work I have to unplug the feed to the kitchen and unplug the bedroom feed to get the kitchen magic eye to work.

Anyone else have this problem and how did you get around it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

The power supplied from the IO link is a bit weedy: is it powering the amplifier & both 'eyes'? Or does the amp. have its own power supply?

If the amp. & eyes are relying on the power the Sky box supplies via the IO link, it will struggle. Some of the IO links have a socket for a separate PSU or, the amp. might have one or, you could use a voltage inserter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Thurston? wrote: »
    The power supplied from the IO link is a bit weedy: is it powering the amplifier & both 'eyes'? Or does the amp. have its own power supply?

If the amp. & eyes are relying on the power the Sky box supplies via the IO link, it will struggle. Some of the IO links have a socket for a separate PSU or, the amp. might have one or, you could use a voltage inserter.

The amp has its own supply.In the end I had to remove the kitchen magic eye(while still supplying feed to both tvs via amp).Not ideal,but at least the other magic eye works now.

I miss my old skybox,none of this hassle.Had to get it replaced because it started to give off a strong burning smell.Still,they replaced it free of charge in fairness without a new contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

Seemingly, the IO link is capable of powering 1 'eye' only, so if your amplifier merely has a passthrough for the power from the IO link, you'll need to change to get your system working like before: either an amp. with its own power supply that also powers the 'eyes' or, keeping the current amp. in the setup, a separate PSU so both eyes can be powered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

The amp has its own supply.In the end I had to remove the kitchen magic eye(while still supplying feed to both tvs via amp).Not ideal,but at least the other magic eye works now.

I miss my old skybox,none of this hassle.Had to get it replaced because it started to give off a strong burning smell.Still,they replaced it free of charge in fairness without a new contract.

Get a triax made i/o link and a psu to go with it and ur problem will be solved...the cheap i/o links are useless for more than one tv.

Advertisement