Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Rubberbandits get Channel 4 Pilot show

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

seachto7 wrote: »
    mfceiling wrote: »

Seriously man the Irish are known the world over for their humour.

The why are most of our stand up comedians sh*t?!!

Podge and Rodge was the last good comedy on RTE!

You mean our stand up commedians like Dara O'Briain, Tommy Tiernan, Ardal O'Hanlan and Dylan Moran who play in sold out theatres all over the world?

Obviously you're right and the thousands who pay to see them and think they're hilarious are wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

TONY DAY infraction for breach or peace and forum charter. Lads and ladies if you have an issue with a post please report them. Also this is my 3rd time posting on this thread as a mod and IO has also had to post as a mod. If we cant continue to discuss this in a civil manner then I will be left with no choice but to close the thread if it its brought to a mods attention again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

seachto7 wrote: »
    Begrudgery and Misinterpretations? Misinterpretations? So, you're saying I'm thick? Or can't grasp their humour?

Anyone else could think you are on here campaigning, and who is to know you are not on other forums monitoring bandits talk? Knowing the RB management, it wouldn't surprise me either. (I mean that in a good way)
    I knew you must have been in the "inner circle". You also pretty much made a list of assumptions on how crap my life is just because I didn't "get" the bandits. I don't have to "get" them and that's not begrudgery.

I could equally lambaste your life just because you are a RB fan and make assumptions about your private life from what I know....

You see, it's the attitude of "you must be rather stupid if you don't get the RB, it's your loss......" that turns me right off them...........
    How about "It doesn't float my boat"....
    Maybe you are part of their management? Maybe you are part of their "entourage". Maybe you are part of their backing band or their support band/entourage?
    I have been told many times some of the music I have been involved in is rubbish, and that's fine. I don't go online fiercely defending it. I don't really care........

Jesus seachto I was ready to leave this go

Misinterpretations? Misinterpretations?

I do believe you are misinterpreting their work and I also do believe that their success upsets you.

So, you're saying I'm thick? Or can't grasp their humour?

When did I say you are thick, when did I say you can t grasp the humour? I merely suggested you read a particular piece of work because I know that said work is Blindboy's comedic bible and by reading it you will get a better idea of the grandad sketch [if you want to get a better idea of it that is, which I don t believe you do which again is your own prerogative] I'm not suggesting your grasp is less than its reach. I've no reason to believe I'm smarter than you or you me. I guess musically it would be like giving someone who doesn't get the Byrds a Beatles and a Gram Parsons album as a conduit.

I knew you must have been in the "inner circle".

The inner circle? They are not real Bandits you do know that. I'm a friend of theirs and have been for years. I'm delighted for them and know how hard they work. I knew when they first showed me the prank calls that they were going to be successful, and before there were any boards.ie I defended them when nay sayers suggested that all they did was make a few phone calls taking the piss and that anyone could do that. 10 Years later they re going to have their own show on TV with a major network in a foreign country and there are still people in this town that are saying anyone can put a bag on their heads and say **** and ****. So I come on here and challenge that assumption/misinterpretation of their work. No Inner circle no conspiracy theory just straight forward support of some extremely talented friends who I've always believed in.

"you must be rather stupid if you don't get the RB, it's your loss......"

Why is that line in parenthesis I didn t say that did anyone say that to you on here. Do you work for the daily mail by any chance. If someone did say that to you why are you telling me about it.

I could equally lambaste your life just because you are a RB fan and make assumptions about your private life from what I know....

I didn't lambaste your private life I know nothing about it other than you play music in a cover band. If you want to lambaste my private life work away.

I have been told many times some of the music I have been involved in is rubbish, and that's fine.

I'm sure it is, fine I mean :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

source wrote: »
    You mean our stand up commedians like Dara O'Briain, Tommy Tiernan, Ardal O'Hanlan and Dylan Moran who play in sold out theatres all over the world?

Obviously you're right and the thousands who pay to see them and think they're hilarious are wrong.

Those lads are top class, no doubt about it, but we are subjected to many more absolutely rubbish ones on RTE and Irish radio 99% of the time. Irish sitcom? Give me a break.
    Father Ted, IT Crowd, etc I know are written by an Irish guy, but are more or less UK tv shows...

Shur aren't we great craic in this country? We're a hoot in the pub langersed off our heads! But for some reason, we can't really really do comedy, or can we? I wouldn't mind every Irish lad I know has managed to charm the trousers off foreign women in their day with the "bit of craic"......:confused:

I am not for one saying everything I posted on this thread is right, but it's my opinion. Two posters seemed to have been able to analyze my life and lack of it based on me not liking a Limerick act. FFS.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

And we are done here. Dannyriver you were warned several time to leave it go on thread.
    I may consider cleaning this up and reopening it in a couple of days once people have had time to chill.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement