Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky On Demand Connector = new 12-month contract?

Options
  • 27-04-2015 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi,

I see that Sky are now offering the On Demand Connector for free (http://www.sky.com/ireland/customer-shop/customer-offers/)

It states in the 'general and further terms': 'Subject to status. Upfront payment may be required. 12 month minimum subscriptions.'

Does this mean that ordering one ties you into another 12-month contract?

Also, does the connector enable you to order Box Office content through the Sky box?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Sky have their own "Talk To" forum here on Boards. You could fire the question up there. The reps are online from 1 - 5, Monday to Friday.

Personally I think the wording you've seen is standard for new customers but buying it as an existing customer (or getting it free as I did) wont tie you to any new contract.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

no its not a 12 month contract

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

As already stated it doesn't tie you into a 12 month contract. Yes you will be able to make purchases through sky store, you may have to do a few adjustments first but it will work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Merry Prankster

Cheers lads, I didn't realise they had their own sub-forum here. Good to know that it's a no-strings-attached free offer.

Advertisement