Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Channel sender

• 22-04-2015 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads I have sky tv in my front room and would like too be able too watch it in my bedroom also. There's no wiring between the 2 rooms for coax cables but I've been told about channel senders. Does any one here use them or know a good make of ones too get maybe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

I had one for a while but found it to be erratic.
    Colours on 2nd tv were wrong and found it to be unresponsive at times.Had to disconnect and reconnect it to get it to work sometimes.

I gave up in the end and ran coaxials.Best avoided if you ask me.That was a few years ago though,maybe the quality has improved since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Hi lads I have sky tv in my front room and would like too be able too watch it in my bedroom also. There's no wiring between the 2 rooms for coax cables but I've been told about channel senders. Does any one here use them or know a good make of ones too get maybe?

Wireless senders are rubbish prone to interference and cost as much as it would to get somebody to simply run a cable from room1 to room2 and use a magic eye to control it...if its a newer box you will need an i/o link also...check the back of the box if it has a socket market rf2 you wont need the i/o link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

steveon wrote: »
    Wireless senders are rubbish prone to interference and cost as much as it would to get somebody to simply run a cable from room1 to room2 and use a magic eye to control it...if its a newer box you will need an i/o link also...check the back of the box if it has a socket market rf2 you wont need the i/o link.
    Mine is a new box! I'll check tomorow if it has a rf2 connection..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭Delta Lima

If it's impossible to run a cable, a 'Stacker - Destacker ' might be an option, to free up one of the cables between the Sky box and the dish. (I'm assuming it's a sky plus box here.)

This would be a last resort perhaps, and your cables need to be good quality to use it. Might be worth considering, especially if your LNB cables are joined in your attic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/nikkai-58ghz-phono-video-sender-kit-a86kh

been using these for years...still work flawlessly today, think they're about 65 euro in Maplins for sender/reciever

• Advertisement

sonofenoch wrote: »
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/nikkai-58ghz-phono-video-sender-kit-a86kh

been using these for years...still work flawlessly today, think they're about 65 euro in Maplins for sender/reciever

Wireless senders may work perfect in one hse but not in another due to thick walls,installation,wifi signals etc can all cause problems running a cable best option where possible.

I get called out regularly for this reason to replace senders with a cable and magic eye

I went the cable and magic eye route lads, working flawlessly

My next question is can if I want too run a second magic eye too a different TV what do I need too connect too the "rf" out of the sky?

I went the cable and magic eye route lads, working flawlessly

My next question is can if I want too run a second magic eye too a different TV what do I need too connect too the "rf" out of the sky?

You need to put in a distribution amp to allow it to be split to another room a global f140 for example will allow it to be split to upto four rooms. U simply put it in attic where cables meet etc. Sky box will power it so no need for a plug socket and add magic eye in second room

You need to put in a distribution amp to allow it to be split to another room a global f140 for example will allow it to be split to upto four rooms. U simply put it in attic where cables meet etc. Sky box will power it so no need for a plug socket and add magic eye in second room

My sky is in the front room, I have 2 coax's running from behind the tv too 2 different tvs, at the min I have I have 1 magic eye installed and working but wondering what I need too do too get the second working

My sky is in the front room, I have 2 coax's running from behind the tv too 2 different tvs, at the min I have I have 1 magic eye installed and working but wondering what I need too do too get the second working

Simply put the amp behind tv in your main room. Run cable from rf2 to input of an amp and your two other rooms cables to the output of the amp.

• Advertisement

Simply put the amp behind tv in your main room. Run cable from rf2 to input of an amp and your two other rooms cables to the output of the amp.

Any Amazon link too said amp?

Here's one on adverts should be availabel elsewhere or on tvtrade.ie there is a similar one by labgear

http://touch.adverts.ie/satellite/sat-distribution-f140/7270057

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭Andy454

There are releatively inexpensive decent wireless hdmi senders out there:

I personnally think the Auvio wireless transmitter kit was excellant!!

It has a hdmi throughput split the hd tv signal on two tv's at once, the picture and reliability are excellant - even with 10 wireless routers in the area (works on 5Ghz range)

I got it for 80 dollars in radio shack in the US - works perfect with sky hd and has a remote control pass through so you can use your remote in the bedroom too.

And it supports 1080i HD

http://www.amazon.com/Auvio-Wireless-Transmitter-Kit-15-066/product-reviews/B00B0OCGI4

Andy454 wrote: »
    There are releatively inexpensive decent wireless hdmi senders out there:

I personnally think the Auvio wireless transmitter kit was excellant!!

It has a hdmi throughput split the hd tv signal on two tv's at once, the picture and reliability are excellant - even with 10 wireless routers in the area (works on 5Ghz range)

I got it for 80 dollars in radio shack in the US - works perfect with sky hd and has a remote control pass through so you can use your remote in the bedroom too.

And it supports 1080i HD

http://www.amazon.com/Auvio-Wireless-Transmitter-Kit-15-066/product-reviews/B00B0OCGI4

Delighted it worked for you but as I said earlier they won't work for everyone as conditions in their area and the thickness of the walls in their h ok me can cause problems and once you open it places like Maplins will not take it Back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭Andy454

Delighted it worked for you but as I said earlier they won't work for everyone as conditions in their area and the thickness of the walls in their h ok me can cause problems and once you open it places like Maplins will not take it Back.

because its a digitised signal you can add extenders.

I had those crappy analogue ones in the past - which were absolutely useless - I have two solid concrete walls between these two extenders and the work very well at 40m apart - They only interrupt when you turn on the microwave....

Advertisement