Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Humax hdr1000s

• 28-10-2014 10:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I got one of these today. Have it up and running grand. It's plugged into the router and all the details show up, IP address etc. I know i won't get iplayer working but I thought Id get 4od etc. At the moment it wont let me access the On Demand option. Any tips to fix that? Or Any step by step by step on how to make it think I'm in the UK?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

I have the humax foxsat pvr ,to receive local news etc you put in a regional post code, like one for london or belfast , but with online content as in 4od or bbc I player it might be geo blocked ie the internet knows where you live by ip address and will not allow access

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Hi,

I got one of these today. Have it up and running grand. It's plugged into the router and all the details show up, IP address etc. I know i won't get iplayer working but I thought Id get 4od etc. At the moment it wont let me access the On Demand option. Any tips to fix that? Or Any step by step by step on how to make it think I'm in the UK?

Thanks

Can you access ITV Player through On Demand and does Showcase work? There was a Freesat bug for a while that caused problems with both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

no I can't. I thought I would be able to.

Is there anything I can do to fix it?

It's a grade a product and it was a pain in the neck to get delivered. Would prefer to fix it then to have to deal with humax again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

no I can't. I thought I would be able to.

Is there anything I can do to fix it?

It's a grade a product and it was a pain in the neck to get delivered. Would prefer to fix it then to have to deal with humax again.

Can you get iplayer or ITV player to connect on channel 901 or 903?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭LMK

I bought one of these a month ago same problem with getting ITV on demand, I found this forum http://myhumax.org/forum/forum/hdr-1000s outlying handshaking issues between Humax and Freesat eventually the issue resolved itself, I didn't have to do anything - and everything works fine now. You might need to update the version of firmware on the box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Thanks a million for that. It looks pretty helpful all right. I haven't had the time to go through it yet but I do love a good electronic forum to match my new toy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Toplink

Sorry to bump an old thread but does this humax box offer a multiroom facility?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Toplink wrote: »
    Sorry to bump an old thread but does this humax box offer a multiroom facility?

No. Why would you want one?

You buy the kit, install it and it works. There are no subscriptions to worry about. This box requires two connections to the satellite to get the full flexibility for recording. It has other features that require a network connection but many of these features require a geo-location of the UK which presumably you do not have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Toplink

Maybe I worded my post incorrectly... I want to be able to watch it in both the bedroom and living room like I can with my current sky box which is located in the attic. Thanks for reply.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

Maybe I worded my post incorrectly... I want to be able to watch it in both the bedroom and living room like I can with my current sky box which is located in the attic. Thanks for reply.

ITV player works
    youtube player works
    curzon player works

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

If you do that, you lose the HD signal and only view in SD, unless you use an HDMI cable and switch it.

Advertisement