Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Saturday Night Show: March 5th 2011

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,431 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

He's beginning to remind be of Padraig Flynn and telling us how hard it is to run two houses on £100,000 a year...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Marcia Lustley

this interview is leaving a bad taste in my mouth,
    and he looks like a bobo in that suit :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Right lads, I think we should have a charity concert or start a food appeal for this guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

MrsD007 wrote: »
    However, there are alot of orignally people out there who purchased second homes and section 23 properties so that they would have a pension plan or some finance to put their kids through college. In many cases now these properties are in negative equity.

I have empathy for those in that situation.

It was a gamble however, no guarantees and they contributed to the distortion of the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,431 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

He's beginning to sound like Padraig Flynn telling us how hard it is to run two houses on £100,00 a year...:rolleyes:

Right lads, I think we should have a charity concert or start a food appeal for this guy

he doesn't deserve a sponsored walk :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

I wonder what happened to the young people who he advised to buy shoebox properties on that stupid RTÉ show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭letsbehonest

I have lost ever bit of respect for John because of his attitude!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Weirdest ad on TV?

• Advertisement

John has just done a Pee Flynn on it.... he is completely F**ked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

your man thinks he is a know all give him another 6 months and he will be broke ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I hate the way Maguire and Fianna Fáil make out that the whole property crash was like a meteor that came from space and was completely random/unpreventable/etc etc...

Pam Woodall and Morgan Kelly were screaming at the Government in 2005/2006, telling them that they had analysed the information and there was a HUGE property crash looming... And nobody in our wonderful Department of Finance (who were completely vindicated in that report last week) saw fit to maybe carry out their own analysis...

Ben Dunne always says.. "I never saw a chart go up that didnt come back down again"... simplistic maybe... but somebody should have told Maguire and his ilk..

I have empathy for those in that situation.

It was a gamble however, no guarantees and they contributed to the distortion of the market.
    The banking regulator has so miuch to answer for... I remember during the height of the boom being offered a mortgage of 7 times my salary.... a complete joke.

I hate the way Maguire and Fianna Fáil make out that the whole property crash was like a meteor that came from space and was completely random/unpreventable/etc etc...

Pam Woodall and Morgan Kelly were screaming at the Government in 2005/2006, telling them that they had analysed the information and there was a HUGE property crash looming... And nobody in our wonderful Department of Finance (who were completely vindicated in that report last week) saw fit to maybe carry out their own analysis...

Ben Dunne always says.. "I never saw a chart go up that didnt come back down again"... simplistic maybe... but somebody should have told Maguire and his ilk..

+1,

except for quoting guff merchant Ben Dunne, on anything, ever.

wow he looks unreal! :eek:

• Advertisement

Fair play to him for losing the weight but I reckon he has loads of loose skin - yuk

wow he looks unreal! :eek:

This sexism has gotten out of hand!! :pac:

This sexism has gotten out of hand!! :pac:

i'm a devil for it! :P

Jesus after all this emotional turmoil, going through his past live on national telly, I'd say the drive-thru is gonna be hit HARD on the journey home..

booby

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

most awkward joke lmao

What that :eek:

First dance at my wedding.

brings me back.

did that girl in the white T-shirt just say "I dont want any blacks in maaa house"?

did that girl in the white T-shirt just say "I dont want any blacks in maaa house"?
    I sincerely hope not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

What band was that? I missed the name and was just flicking through the channels & caught them.

What band was that? I missed the name and was just flicking through the channels & caught them.
    The republic of blah :D

The republic of Loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

I sincerely hope not.

I thought they were saying "i don't want any **** in my hole", but the end word may have been "home".

Basically I am confused. Are they supposed to be good?

delaad wrote: »

Are they supposed to be good?
    They are supposed to be good but that was complete and utter SH1tE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

They are supposed to be good but that was complete and utter SH1tE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeh, the last time they were on as well they had some sort of similar self indulgent sh1te.... I think they think it's too easy to write normal songs so they are trying to reinvent music...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭jmbkay

I don't think Brendan O'Connor believed much of what John McGuire said. The suit didn't do him any favours either - bit dodge.

Yeh, the last time they were on as well they had some sort of similar self indulgent sh1te.... I think they think it's too easy to write normal songs so they are trying to reinvent music...
    I can't understand why do so many talented musicans feel the need to that.

jmbkay wrote: »
    I don't think Brendan O'Connor believed much of what John McGuire said. The suit didn't do him any favours either - bit dodge.
    It was a bit of a Dale boy suit IMO

Towards the end of the John McGuire interview Brendan said "I hope you don't regret doing this interview". I reckon there was a producer talking in Brendan's hear telling him that John was making a complete ass of himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Thanks MrsD007. I am re-assured.

However, this being Saturday night, and therefore, in the old days, confession night(yes!!!!, i can remember), I have one other concern to relate, namely, what is my penance for believing Trivia is the best RTE comedy in years?

delaad wrote: »
    Thanks MrsD007. I am re-assured.

However, this being Saturday night, and therefore, in the old days, confession night(yes!!!!, i can remember), I have one other concern to relate, namely, what is my penance for believing Trivia is the best RTE comedy in years?
    I haven't seen Trivia yet but I did Sky+ it. Is it worth watching???

I haven't seen Trivia yet but I did Sky+ it. Is it worth watching???

It is ye.. very good..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Fair play to him for losing the weight but I reckon he has loads of loose skin - yuk

no reason not to go a diet ,jayus the feckin negativity i won't lose weight incase i get loose skin:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

duckysauce wrote: »
    no reason not to go a diet:
    I can assure you I don't need to go on a diet. I admire him for what he has achieved and I think he will make a great personal trainer because of his experience.

I dont think his interview will have gone down well with the "I'm happy the way I am" brigade... a lot of things in there to make overweight people feel worthless, well that's how he portrayed it anyway...

Until next time ......................

51jW8Qq-gVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

I can assure you I don't need to go on a diet. I admire him for what he has achieved and I think he will make a great personal trainer because of his experience.

never said you did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I have no respect for these fukn idiots that borrowed money to invest in property.. Have a guess who's gonna pay for his debts?

Missed part of the show last night but was that the fella who presented and advised on "I'm An Adult Get Me Out Of Here"? Did Brendan ask him if he was going to do a follow-up prgoramme on the people he helped at the time (like a then and now show).

deelite wrote: »
    Missed part of the show last night but was that the fella who presented and advised on "I'm An Adult Get Me Out Of Here"? Did Brendan ask him if he was going to do a follow-up prgoramme on the people he helped at the time (like a then and now show).
    yep that was him john mcguire i think?, i can't remember really if he asked him that question now cause i pretty much zoned out with that interview!

• Advertisement

deelite wrote: »
    Missed part of the show last night but was that the fella who presented and advised on "I'm An Adult Get Me Out Of Here"?

I didnt see him on that Dee, but I was a bit annoyed that so much money would be given to a guy with such a laissez faire attitude to his finances.. He seemed to me like a gambler who was now bringing his house and car to the table to get back in the game, playing "on the tilt" as they call it..

Another question that was put to me about this guy... how the hell did he get his insurance company bonded... I mean you need huge money in deposit (in case a big big claim comes in) to be able to set up the company.. where did he get that from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I didnt see him on that Dee, but I was a bit annoyed that so much money would be given to a guy with such a laissez faire attitude to his finances.. He seemed to me like a gambler who was now bringing his house and car to the table to get back in the game, playing "on the tilt" as they call it..

Another question that was put to me about this guy... how the hell did he get his insurance company bonded... I mean you need huge money in deposit (in case a big big claim comes in) to be able to set up the company.. where did he get that from?

Can't believe you missed that show - yer man John used to help young people who were still living at home with their parents to get out and get a place of their own. .... so instead of them paying a nominal rent to their parents and having no bills etc., the lovely John got advised them to get a mortgage etc.... (blind leading the blind comes to mind).

Gambler wasn't the first word that came to my mind watching him last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

I agree. I have no sympathy for him or his likes. However, there are alot of ordinary people out there who purchased second homes and section 23 properties so that they would have a pension plan or some finance to put their kids through college. In many cases now these properties are in negative equity.

Although I definitely have sympathy for ordinary people with negative equity etc I find this "hate every property related business man" attitude ridiculous. It fits in to the stereotypical Irish begrudging attitude. Here is a guy who came on national TV and talks about his own financial problems and how he is struggling to pay mortgages himself (no matter how much he is paying p/m).

People have to make a living and he is an entrepreneur. He took a risk and it back fired financially, just like many people in the recession.

Instead of burying his head in the sand or exiling to America like Drumm et al he is staying here and paying his bills. He also mentions that with his other business ventures he is hiring something like one person a week? That is the kind of person we need in a recession, someone who has the balls and know-how to make a positive out of a negative situation and to create jobs, because we can't just sit around being negative and wait for Inda to pull jobs out of Gilmores ass.

"The Examiner" had an article about John McGuire's appearance on the Saturday Night Show, today.

"I went from tycoon to sleeping on floor".

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/i-went-from-tycoon-to-sleeping-on-floor-147355.html#ixzz1FwWk1qezhttp://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/i-went-from-tycoon-to-sleeping-on-floor-147355.html

Advertisement