Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The pyramids

Options
  • 04-07-2009 2:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭

Were in the 21st century and we still cant figure out how to egyptians built the pyramids.

Aliens built them agree?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Ah no, not quite true, we have a fairly decent understanding of HOW they were built, its the WHY in a lot of cases thats interestin.

on a slight tangent, I remember seeing something about the Pyramids of Giza being lined up with a southern orientated pole, kinda like teh earths magnetic field was the other way round at the time :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

We don't know exactly how they were built, no. We know that it was certainly possible for them to be built, but are unsure as to the specifics of technique, which in turn leads to uncertainty about the amount of people who would have been required, the amount of time taken, and so forth...

...but as far as I'm aware, there isn't anything about the pyramids (Egyptian or other) where the current stance on it is "there is no way they could have done that, then".

I'd be interested in finding out otherwise, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

What makes it more interesting is that the wheel wasn't invented when the Pyramids where built.

I agree that Aliens built them, not physically, but designed the buildings, and oversaw the construction of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

suey71 wrote: »
    What makes it more interesting is that the wheel wasn't invented when the Pyramids where built.

Yes it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Dont forget that there is no written text saying that the pyramids were built by the egyptians also somehow the pyramids are at an almost perfect angle from north to west. Suggesting they knew the earth was round!!!!

• Advertisement

on a slight tangent, I remember seeing something about the Pyramids of Giza being lined up with a southern orientated pole, kinda like teh earths magnetic field was the other way round at the time :eek:

There's nothing unusual about the Earth's poles flipping. Earth's magnetic field flips every now and again, it's a natural phenomenon.

karlog wrote: »
    Dont forget that there is no written text saying that the pyramids were built by the egyptians also somehow the pyramids are at an almost perfect angle from north to west. Suggesting they knew the earth was round!!!!

It was common knowledge back then that the Earth was round, the flat earth theory came into being in the dark ages. Every look at an ancient Roman statue of Atlas carrying the world on his shoulders? The world is depicted as a globe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

Sorry PaintDoctor, my mistake.

They where buit using logs instead of wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Before anyone starts saying it was impossible to move stones that big, I'll like to bring up this again
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRRDzFROMx0

The Egyptians had a bit more than one guy.

Advertisement