Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Bravia TV - display problems

Options
  • 31-08-2014 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭

I have just moved into a flat with a Sony Bravia TV. I have hooked up my Dell Studio laptop to the TV via HDMI cable. However, the TV only displays as 'wide'. When the PC-TV settings are such that only the TV is displaying an image, the slight corners of the screen are cut off (e.g. the Start button, or the time display in the bottom left and right hand corners respectively).

Now, I've tried multiple times to change the setting via a button on the remote control, but though it registers that I'm pushing a button (the green display light on the TV flickers) NOTHING changes, and I'm left with what is essentially a cropped image.

Does anyone know another way of changing the settings on the Sony Bravia TV from 'wide' to something more standard?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

If you go into the display settings on the laptop and set the video output to match the resolution of your TV (you haven't said what model, check the manual if you don;t know what the native resolution of the TV screen is) - this should solve the problem. It sounds to me as if the TV is getting a specific video signal from the laptop and is limited in how it can scale it, hence it win;t budge from "Wide" setting - you need to bear in mind that not all TVs and computer friendly - some are better than others at resoltion matching or at stretching the inage to fit etc.

Ritz.

Advertisement