Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dishwasher outflow question

• 06-09-2012 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I recently moved into a new house and after a week of living in the new place I have finally tracked down the source of a funky smell coming from behind one of the kitchen units. It seems (bear in mind I have no experience of plumbing) that the dishwasher waste water outflow pipe has a hole cut in it and the cabling for wiring the the plug for said dishwasher is passed back through it and up into the kitchen unit. Any suggestions as to a possible fix (preferably inexpensive as I'm renting here) or advice would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a photo looking down from inside the kitchen unit at the pipe in question.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

If your renting i would inform my landlord/lady to fix what is a dangerous electrical connection.

It makes no sense why this wire is running through that pipe. What i reckon is happening is the wire is running out side to a socket or shed.

Its just bloody crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Thats one of the dumbest things i have ever seen
    crazy stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Have you seen the water running in the pipe?

The picture seems to show another length taped to it, so is this just being used as a conduit for the cable?

How is the cable connected either end? As it looks like twin and earth rather than appliance flex

• Registered Users Posts: 13 thedarwinfish

hey folks, thanks for the replies. @Davy haven't seen water running through the pipe but I was basing my suggestion on it being the dishwasher outflow pipe by tracing back the pipes under the sink and that the smell was particularly funky after coming back into the house after the dishwasher had been running (that was when I went nosing around in the unit). I can verify if the dishwasher waste water is definitely flowing out that pipe and update the thread. The other pipe taped to it I have verified is the sink outflow. As for the cable... it is wired along with two similar cables into a double socket but I'm afraid that's about as far as my expertise can tell ;)

Advertisement