Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BnQ delivered wrong bath

• 05-09-2012 9:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭

I ordered a left hand freestanding bath a couple of months ago and after it was finally installed yesterday we noticed it was actually a right hand side bath. The plumber didnt notice it (although he probably should have) and although it's hardly noticeable from the front it means there is a track at the tiled wall where water can gather and escape and this needs to be built up with silicone which isnt ideal. Ive spoken to BnQ and they have admitted we ordered the correct one and I am waiting the call from a manager now. I obviously want the bath exchanged but should I tell them it was installed and demand compensation for the day (minimum) extra labour plus materials (couple tubes of bathroom silicone) that this will cost me extra or should I leave it and be happy with a replacement?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

How can you expect anymore than an exchange bath, neither you or the installer checked that you had the right bath.
    If i was you, I'd say nothing about it being installed and hope that the delivery guy does'nt care about its condition when he collects the old one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

sweetie wrote: »
    I ordered a left hand freestanding bath a couple of months ago and after it was finally installed yesterday we noticed it was actually a right hand side bath. The plumber didnt notice it (although he probably should have) and although it's hardly noticeable from the front it means there is a track at the tiled wall where water can gather and escape and this needs to be built up with silicone which isnt ideal. Ive spoken to BnQ and they have admitted we ordered the correct one and I am waiting the call from a manager now. I obviously want the bath exchanged but should I tell them it was installed and demand compensation for the day (minimum) extra labour plus materials (couple tubes of bathroom silicone) that this will cost me extra or should I leave it and be happy with a replacement?

Since when are B&Q responsible for your tiling and silicone and fitment of the bath??

All B&Q should do is give you the correct replacement bath,and thats it.

Why dont you ask (demand) the plumber to fix it all for free.He didnt notice it was the wrong bath,even though he should have copped it straight away,when mock fittining it./linning it up.

Also,you bought the bath and never checked it or the paperwork when it was delievered too.:pac:

aujopimur wrote: »
    How can you expect anymore than an exchange bath, neither you or the installer checked that you had the right bath.
    If i was you, I'd say nothing about it being installed and hope that the delivery guy does'nt care about its condition when he collects the old one.

B&Q managers can be very keen eyed though.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Best of luck on this one. You will be lucky to get the right bath after fitting the other one.

The plumber was incompetitent for fitting this. This would be where i would be looking for money. Not b&q

but i like your style

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

they are replacing it, 3 week wait tho. the bath is a free standing type so only silicone on it - very little difference in the two sides but he should have copped it. He is a family friend so I cant really make a fuss but he wont be getting anymore plumbing work from me!

• Advertisement

they are replacing it, 3 week wait tho. the bath is a free standing type so only silicone on it - very little difference in the two sides but he should have copped it. He is a family friend so I cant really make a fuss but he wont be getting anymore plumbing work from me!

So you wont make a fuss to the chap who installed it,but you would try and make a big fuss to B&Q and look for compensation from B&Q.

Exactly what grounds/reasons would you expect B&Q to give you compensation over materials and labour costs here?????

Sorry but you sound more like a chancer whos looking to blame someone else (and looking to extract money out of someone else,even thought they are not responsible).

Its yourself and your plumber friend who fcuked up by failing to check delievery documentation at the time of delievery,failure to notice during mock instalation,and then still go ahead and install it.

B&Q are not responsible for that,you and the plumber are.

Woah there, I never made a fuss but simply asked for advice and to be honest you seem to be looking for a row rather than trying to help. I appreciate that they will make amends for this by replacing it although I will be 3 weeks without a bath now and I havent asked them at all for compensation or to make amends for this although I probably should. BnQ dont know their arse from their elbow regarding these products and after numerous calls yesterday explaining the situation I was asked to call in to store in person and verify the bath I got and the bath I needed in their magazine which I did yesterday. When I arrived there was no management there when I had been told they were expecting me, the magazine picture didnt have enough detail and I had to walk around the showroom taking pictures of similar styles etc and had to ring them up again today to explain to not one or two but three different people. I had to explain the very slight difference in left and right models to all of these and eventually (hopefully) got my point across. The plumber made a mistake and he will pay for it by the fact I won't use him again. By the way, the order info, delivery documentation and packaging all specify left yet we received a right.
    Thank you for your outrage.

Woah there, I never made a fuss but simply asked for advice and to be honest you seem to be looking for a row rather than trying to help. I appreciate that they will make amends for this by replacing it although I will be 3 weeks without a bath now and I havent asked them at all for compensation or to make amends for this although I probably should. BnQ dont know their arse from their elbow regarding these products and after numerous calls yesterday explaining the situation I was asked to call in to store in person and verify the bath I got and the bath I needed in their magazine which I did yesterday. When I arrived there was no management there when I had been told they were expecting me, the magazine picture didnt have enough detail and I had to walk around the showroom taking pictures of similar styles etc and had to ring them up again today to explain to not one or two but three different people. I had to explain the very slight difference in left and right models to all of these and eventually (hopefully) got my point across. The plumber made a mistake and he will pay for it by the fact I won't use him again. By the way, the order info, delivery documentation and packaging all specify left yet we received a right.
    Thank you for your outrage.

Funny how you failed to mention any of that before,in any of your other posts.

Rather funny indeed,now that you are pulled up on it.;)

Ah well thanks for looking for compensation off B&Q from the very word go/1st post but not saying a word to the plumber to come back and sort it out,even though you say that he is at fault.

Why would you put a "free standing bath" up against a wall?

Just wondering.

paddy147 wrote: »
    Funny how you failed to mention any of that before,in any of your other posts.

Rather funny indeed,now that you are pulled up on it.;)

Ah well thanks for looking for compensation off B&Q from the very word go/1st post but not saying a word to the plumber to come back and sort it out,even though you say that he is at fault.

how could I mention it when it all happened yesterday? I asked for advise about WHETHER I WAS ENTITLED TO COMPENSATION and
    the consensus was no so I didnt ask for any. The plumber can't sort it until we get the replacement and he will do so then. As I also said the staff in BandQ couldnt tell the difference either so it was an easy mistake to make.

It is a model of free standing bath suitable for smaller bathrooms. this one

• Advertisement
Advertisement