Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Service and heating flush for €68 Hahahaha

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 kerryplumbing

The worrying thing is that they say that there is a reduction of 61% of the true price!! The client clearly won't get what has been advertised but the majority won't either know or care

These costs are widely advertised as a lot of people now have access to groupon. It therefore makes it harder for us genuine guys to charge reasonably for a properly carried out and sometimes necessary procedure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

There has been a lot of people called idots but until they have had more information they trust there instincts and there pockets unfortunitly.

Plus as there is a cert it conforms with house insurence.

Perhaps you know the company or the people that you can explain some more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Total service length 2.5hrs including travel !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Who in the world could do all this properly in anything less than a day.
    The mind boggles .

If you read it properly this is what bothers me aswell
    "A full service will see the engineer take a gander at any model of domestic gas or oil boiler in homes within a 20 mile radius of Dublin, checking that all is in working order. Customers will receive a complete inspection along with a gas analysis and certificate, though mortarboards and high fives of congratulations are not provided. Those hoping for a more thorough servicing for their homes can treat their heating systems to a good flush to clear out the pipes and help radiators get moving towards a warmer future".

So basically your paying for them to take a gander at the boiler and the flush will be more??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭lostboy

i dunno, hes got 41 new customers in todays climate, i really think some people dont get groupon,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

There has been a lot of people called idots but until they have had more information they trust there instincts and there pockets unfortunitly.

Plus as there is a cert it conforms with house insurence.

Perhaps you know the company or the people that you can explain some more.

I know of the company, small enough a little bigger than me. Perhaps idiots was a bit strong maybe gullible should have been used.

My concerns are with the end user. They think they are getting value for money when there clearly not. A boiler inspection means nothing, the section in the manufacturers literature is annual service NOT inspection. A heating system can't be flushed in an hour or two it takes a day.

Perhaps a couple of us can get together and creat a sticky as to what has to be done on a boiler service so the public know what to demand when these people show up to do the work and then we will see value for money.

Also the advertising campaign emphasis is on boiler servicing and been safe, a gas fire would kill you before a modern boiler and there seems to be no urgency on these. I can't remember the amount of times I've gone to do a boiler with the client going on about getting it done and making sure its safe, you walk past the living room and the fire is in bits.

• Advertisement

lostboy wrote: »
    i dunno, hes got 41 new customers in todays climate, i really think some people dont get groupon,

And he will probably do the 41 in one day too :rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

I think it meant central heating service (if you lucky) and a toilet flush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭spireland32

this is obviously not a power flush.. must just be x400 or similar.. heat on for an hour then drain down, re-fill, fire and finished. and no inhibitor put back in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

i wonder if the "inspection" is covered and as said a drain down and refill.
    then they point out that water is dirty and a subsequent powerflush may be required for extra money?

seems very ambiguous and highly unlikely to be anywhere near a bargain

same with the gas analysis, take readings print and give to the customer and then advice a full service at cost x?

"Fine Print
    Expires 10 October 2012.
    Limit 1 per household. May buy multiple as gifts. Booking required. 48 hour cancellation policy. Valid within 20 mile radius of Dublin centre. Broken boilers will incur surcharge. Valid on option purchased only. Total service length: 2.5 hours (including travel). "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

I just had a look at their website its strange how they can service a boiler and flush a system for that price but still charge 109 euro to fit an outside tap:confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 canice

Perhaps a couple of us can get together and creat a sticky as to what has to be done on a boiler service so the public know what to demand when these people show up to do the work and then we will see value for money

Please do........... It says service not inspection on the advert,
    How long should a service take?

canice wrote: »
    Perhaps a couple of us can get together and creat a sticky as to what has to be done on a boiler service so the public know what to demand when these people show up to do the work and then we will see value for money

A service should take and hour to an hour and 20mins from start to finish leaving out "travel". First of Annex C of is813 should be thrown in there along with manufacturers service instructions. What make and model of boiler do you have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭Traditional

JohnnieK wrote: »
    Check this out hahahahahahahaha. Who ever buys this is an idiot.

http://www.groupon.ie/deals/dublin-special/dublin-plumbing-and-gas/4713456?CID=IE_AFF_166_10_1_1&utm_source=aff_166&utm_medium=aff_10&utm_campaign=aff_1&utm_content=aff_1

Full service and central heating flush hahahahaha.

He is going to do a full days work for €68 :D:D:D:pac::pac::pac:

listen lads its a price grabber deal , shock and awe , that crowd are not the best if you google their name , ther is a few un kind words about them, and are not highly rated ,
    how and ever they are going to lower the standard of work carried out , all you can do is weather the storm and it might pass over , but looking around there is a few companys starting to offer similar deals , so it might be the only way to beat them is everybody to do the same price .

Nah, with the problem they are going to create and leave behind them they will kick start and industry.

I had this a while back on my backdoor, 39 per boiler service, and a lot of my regulars jumped ship, 3 years on all but a few are back,
    think the '10-15 minute' service, extras charged for etc soon showed the get what they pay for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

+1, these guys are just making future work for us.

+1, these guys are just making future work for us.

And I've all ready mopped up after them on a couple of jobs.

You know, I came across one 2 weeks ago, no this particular company but one very like it IMHO

Oil boiler, in a kitchen, oil line runs buried right across the kitchen and out to the oil tank

The problem was, burner lockout due to no oil/pressure, after changing the fuel pump they decided the oil line was blocked!
    Dug up the kitchen floor and ran a new oil line (want to see the mess they made of that, couldn't even level the concrete)
    then they removed the fire valve (wheel type) and from the burner and put it at the TANK? told the customer it was better this way????
    COST? €1000 incl vat! OMGGG...... If the line was blocked, quick blast of a compressor, service the installation max €100!

Fast forward 6 months, they called me out, another problem, the hyd. jack on G3B was leaking oil, the company said, new burner required
    another €800!!!!!

I replaced the hyd. jack seal, refitted the fire valve at the burner, and service the installation €80!

What is their pricing structure? x10?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

canice wrote: »

There is already a sticky on boiler servicing...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056638364

Advertisement