Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Energie Solar Panels - Opinions?

• 05-09-2012 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I got a leaflet through the door advertising 'Energie' solar panels for dhw that for once caught my interest.
    It was from a local company who are advertising "Solar Panels that work Day & Night, Hail, Rain, Wind or Shine."
    Now I'm no expert but surely 'Solar' panels do need the sunlight (in whatever form, be it overcast or whatever) so how the heck can they work at night ??

I don't knwo what the price is as I want to hear some independent opinions before I call them.

I've no connection to the company but will hold off posting the url until I get the OK from a mod.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Pique wrote: »
    Hi,

I got a leaflet through the door advertising 'Energie' solar panels for dhw that for once caught my interest.
    It was from a local company who are advertising "Solar Panels that work Day & Night, Hail, Rain, Wind or Shine."
    Now I'm no expert but surely 'Solar' panels do need the sunlight (in whatever form, be it overcast or whatever) so how the heck can they work at night ??

I don't knwo what the price is as I want to hear some independent opinions before I call them.

I've no connection to the company but will hold off posting the url until I get the OK from a mod.

Search function can be rather handy on this forum.;)

A couple of us have the system installed.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056600822

So far so good.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

That's a variation of a heat pump.

I've not seen that one before.

Interesting .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

Hi
    It's a thermodynamic PST solar panel/ heat pump, has a running cost of around €200 per year,
    The normal price range for this system is between €4800- €5300 as you pay for extra coils within the tank if required.
    Make sure you get the stainless steel tank rather than the cheaper enamelled tank.
    Price around as there are several companies supplying these panels now, before 1 company had the monopoly on the market but not anymore.
    Cc

Advertisement