Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blocked drain smelling house

Options
  • 03-09-2012 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

I have a drain at the side of the house which is continuously blocking up and as a result, there is a pungent smell in the hallway of the house.
    There are 2 drains at the side of the house & only 1 particular one is blocking.
    Both upstrairs toilets are flushing out the front and into the mains so this isn't the problem.
    It appears the soak away out the back garden is filling up and this is causing the drain to fill. The particular drain contains rain water while the kitchen taps are going directly to the soak away.
    We got an extension put onto the kitchen around 3 years ago & it appears to be an issue since then.
    I'm sick of having to rod the drain free & it is by rodding it out the back garden that appears to do the trick. We got Countrywide drains in with camera etc & they saw there is a kink in the drain out the garden which isn't helping.
    Anyone else have a similar issue or know how we can fix this issue once and for all ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

dts1 wrote: »
    We got Countrywide drains in with camera etc & they saw there is a kink in the drain out the garden which isn't helping.
    Anyone else have a similar issue or know how we can fix this issue once and for all ?

I would have thought that the obvious answer is dig up to expose the section of pipe that is kinked and replace that section!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

If its blocking up the soak away is not working properly. The kitchen sink should go to a foul drain also, debri from the sink and detergents will clog a soak away causing it to back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭dts1

Any use getting some subsidence crew to look at it ? Cumnor or Substruck run a drainage service

Advertisement