Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it really up 5%

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

watty wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0319/broadband.html

But are they dishonestly counting Clearwire, Ripwave and EDGE/3G/HSDPA nomadic & mobile Modems?

Only when you massage figures to make yourself look better. The broadband situation is still dismal throughout Ireland, contrary to what "some" people would like you to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Ireland tops the list when it comes to changing land line providers. It takes a day to move your number to another provider here, compared with up to 20 in Italy and Slovakia.
    Is this really true?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

ethernet wrote: »
    Is this really true?

You wouldn't question the veracity of what Comreg claims, would you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

bealtine wrote: »
    You wouldn't question the veracity of what Comreg claims, would you?
    That answers that ;)

// prepares to be burned at the stake for heresy

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I think the number porting may have improved. But get one letter / comma wrong on your details and eircom chuck back the application.

I think if you have any CPS you have to cancel before you can port from eircom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I took me 5 weeks to port 4 years ago. I'd like to believe this has been fixed but I doubt it.

Advertisement