Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me pick a show!!

Options
  • 05-01-2015 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hello people. I'm having trouble selecting a TV show to watch on Netflix. I was thinking of either scandal, person of interest, homeland. Has anybody watched them any. What should I go for. If anybody has any other TV show suggestions then post them too! Btw I've previously watched breaking bad , prison break, walking dead, suits, house of cards, oitnb, peaky blinders so these are out of the question. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭coin

I enjoyed lilyhammer, thought was great show. Started Orange is the new black and seems decent so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Honey Monster

Hi Op. Out of the shows that are available to you on Netflix I can't recommed Homeland enough. Great acting, fantastic writing...I started watching season one about a month ago and am up to season 4 already...it really is excellent.

Edit: I'm not sure if True Detective is on Netflix but if it is its great.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Person of interest is brilliant. Starts out as a typical story of the week type show but develops into a fantastic piece of TV with some great characters and story arcs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Person of interest is brilliant. Starts out as a typical story of the week type show but develops into a fantastic piece of TV with some great characters and story arcs.

+1 I've been binging on this a lot lately, really enjoying it.

Homeland is also a great show, well worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

DJ90 wrote: »
    Hello people. I'm having trouble selecting a TV show to watch on Netflix. I was thinking of either scandal, person of interest, homeland.

All three are well worth watching, you can't go wrong with any of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Homeland is excellent. Fargo is good too, although that isn't on Irish netflix yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DJ90

Thanks for the quick replies. I'd say I'll go with either homeland or person of interest. I'll get started tonight. A tough decision awakes

If all else fails OP you can watch breaking bad again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I'd recommend Person of Interest as well, also Justified, original scandi versions of the Bridge and the Killing, and if you have access to US Netflix, Longmire.

If all else fails OP you can watch breaking bad again!

True that. Me and decisions don't get along anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Watched a few eps of Scandal and I think it has potential. Just finished Borgia (not to be confused with The Borgias) and thought it was excellent.

My number 1 tv show and Netflix recommendation is always going to be It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

24 can't be beaten. After 4/5 episodes you'll be addicted

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭RachelDDD

I would also recommend Dexter - it is about a serial killer/cop, (bizarre concept I know). The good news is that there are 8 full series with 12 episodes on Netflix. It kept me sane over Christmas and felt very 'moreish' :)

Some unbelievable suggestions here! I've a good bit of time on my hands too (no college until end of January! ) thanks again

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Liam O wrote: »
    Watched a few eps of Scandal and I think it has potential.

I quite enjoy Scandal. It looses the plot from time to time but it has a very fairly decent twists and turns. If you enjoy the first season you'll Love the rest cause I felt it gets allot better

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Also I'm not sure are they on Netflix but the Wire is must see TV it really is as good as they say. Also, for something a little different try Sherlock. It's only like 9 films so you'll burn through it really quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Person of Interest. I have the whole family hooked on it. Scandal is good, as is Homeland, but Person of Interest cannot be beaten!

RachelDDD wrote: »
    I would also recommend Dexter - it is about a serial killer/cop, (bizarre concept I know). The good news is that there are 8 full series with 12 episodes on Netflix. It kept me sane over Christmas and felt very 'moreish' :)

It's amazing for four seasons and the worst show on the planet for the next four.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The_Mask

Don't know if The Sopranos is on netflix as I don't use it but can highly recommend watching. Im near the end S6E03

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

eh i dunno wrote: »
    24 can't be beaten. After 4/5 episodes you'll be addicted

and after 45 episodes you'll only be coming to the end of season 2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I've heard this from a few people but I couldn't get past the first 5 or 6 episodes when it aired originally on RTE ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

Agree with Homeland! Person of Interest is great too, if you can get over the whispering mumble of Mr, Reese.

I didn't enjoy The Wire that much.

I'll be looking at some of the suggestions here.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Falcon L wrote: »
    Agree with Homeland! Person of Interest is great too, if you can get over the whispering mumble of Mr, Reese.

He must be downing pints of gravel on set before filming starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭tiernanobrien

Hi Op. Out of the shows that are available to you on Netflix I can't recommed Homeland enough. Great acting, fantastic writing...I started watching season one about a month ago and am up to season 4 already...it really is excellent.

Edit: I'm not sure if True Detective is on Netflix but if it is its great.

+1 on this... both are excellent

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hannibal.

It's brilliant, but prepare to be seriously disturbed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

Kiith wrote: »
    Hannibal.

It's brilliant, but prepare to be seriously disturbed.

Would it help to be seriously disturbed beforehand?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

If you enjoyed Suits, I'd recommend Damages, a darker legal drama.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Falcon L wrote: »
    Would it help to be seriously disturbed beforehand?

Yeah, probably. Just try not to act out any of the murders. They were bad enough in a fictional setting :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭coolkidirish

Fresh Meat on Netflix is a nice funny one if you want something not too mind consuming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

RachelDDD wrote: »

Do yourself a favour and DO NOT watch Dexter, I loved it for years, but the ending was sooooo sooooo sooooo bad!
    Seasons 1-3 or 4 are great, then stop about there.

Advertisement