Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Leg

Options
  • 15-02-2013 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭

The first time I've seen this show, but I'm hugely impressed at how good it is.

I'm far from a fan of Adam Hills, Josh Widdicomb or Alex Brooker... but they're all very very sharp - especially given the live format.

It puts 10 O Clock Live to shame... how something with the likes of David Mitchell, Jimmy Carr and Charlie Brooker is as unimpressive as it can be is remarkable.

This show is light, breezy, good fun and will definitely keep watching.

PS - how they handled the whole Oscar Pistorius thing was very impressive!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I loved it during the Paralympics. They had a slow start to this series but the extra 20 minutes they have this week really makes a difference. It's not as rushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Back tonight..

.. still as good as ever!

Jesus, Josh Brooker lost a sight of weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,295 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Just watched the special new year show with guest Richard Ayoade, quite enjoyable despite Josh being a tad irritating

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Just read that John Cleese is the guest on tonight's show ... ought to be good, then. Ch4 10PM tonight (Friday), repeated Sunday 0:50.

Amy Poehler was great 2 weeks ago, but Jason Manford last week ... well, it wasn't all his fault, the topics seemed to be about UK Politics to the exclusion of everything else.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Manford was only booked with short notice so presumably didn't keep an eye on current affairs.

• Advertisement

I thought Amy Poehler was absolutely dreadful. It seemed like she maybe didn't know that there would be some serious topics discussed and she was very very unwilling to give any sort of answer when asked about any of the topics. The show needs guests who are willing to actually get involved, not guests who are just there to promote something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Manford lives in the U.K. He has little excuse

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Just watched the special new year show with guest Richard Ayoade, quite enjoyable despite Josh being a tad irritating

Josh is a dose

Jon on WILTY on BBC1 now

Moira Stewart on Jon Richardson:-"He looks like a bed-wetter"

• Advertisement

John Cleese was excellent tonight. I'm not his biggest fan because he has come across as not giving a sh1t in interviews I've seen over the last few years but he was back on form tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

its very good, only show I watch on tv, along with 8oo10catsdCD before it while getting me supper

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

John Cleese was excellent tonight. I'm not his biggest fan because he has come across as not giving a sh1t in interviews I've seen over the last few years but he was back on form tonight.

I thought he started out good but over did it with the laughter, then the cat bit didn't add anything and wasn't funny, and by the end he was pretending to be sulking which was just a bit embarrassing and awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Oh, poor Adam, losing his spare foot to the vagaries of cricket ... actually, it sounds like they put out the fire, so he may still have a leg to stand on. ;)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

This started back last night.

The three of them just connect and bounce off each other so well. You could spend millions trying to put a presenting team together like that and get nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Skid X wrote: »
    This started back last night.

The three of them just connect and bounce off each other so well. You could spend millions trying to put a presenting team together like that and get nowhere.

They should have offered them Top Gear, now that would have given that show back some interesting moments.

Advertisement