Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TV Show Ideas

• 03-01-2015 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

Put your ideas/wishlist here.

I think rte are missing a trick by not doing a Wind that Shakes the Barley type tv show. Although it would undoubtedly controversial.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Titanic meets Frasier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,204 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

A pop quiz presented by Larry Gogan. :)

Simple, straightforward question format...not the elitist snobbery/non-comedy of 'Never Mind The Buzzcocks'.

And have a band perform to close the show.

Now where's my cheque? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Nazi Sharks who dabble in archaeology and perform Indiana Jones like digs from their secret base at Area 51. The shows already on if you're eating the right mushrooms while watching Discovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Monkey Tennis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

A pop quiz presented by Larry Gogan. :)

Simple, straightforward question format...not the elitist snobbery/non-comedy of 'Never Mind The Buzzcocks'.

And have a band perform to close the show.

Now where's my cheque? :D

Was just saying that exact thing to a mate. Think there was one in the 90s that Dave Fanning was involved in. Also, give him his film show back, at least he knew what he was talking about.

• Advertisement

Titanic meets Frasier.

Titanic meets Mrs. Brown with fatal results.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Trad reality show called Diddly Idol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Uh.. hmm... how about "Ghost Mutt"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

What about a private detective who's left nostril can smell things that happened in the Past, and his right one can smell things that will happen in the Future but tragically he cannot smell things in the Present? I'm tentatively calling it Timenose and suggesting Nic Cage take the title role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

A girl in her late 20s and her wacky group of friends search for love in the big city while trying to juggle their crazy families and zany careers.

I call it "dhfndkdjfkcksb", coming soon on ABC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Banjo wrote: »
    What about a private detective who's left nostril can smell things that happened in the Past, and his right one can smell things that will happen in the Future but tragically he cannot smell things in the Present? I'm tentatively calling it Timenose and suggesting Nic Cage take the title role.

Hahaha!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Skullface McGubbin

Here's a unique idea. How about a show centred around 3 priests & their housekeeper on an Island with a community of oddball characters and a chinatown. These priests would receive visits from a bishop (and occasionally 3 bishops at once) and would get themselves into all kinds of trouble & shenanigans. This would probably work best in the format of a sitcom.

But I can't see a show like that ever becoming a hit :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Here's a unique idea. How about a show centred around 3 priests & their housekeeper on an Island with a community of oddball characters and a chinatown. These priests would receive visits from a bishop (and occasionally 3 bishops at once) and would get themselves into all kinds of trouble & shenanigans. This would probably work best in the format of a sitcom.

I don't get the need for roll eyes...

Well effing done.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

phasers wrote: »
    A girl in her late 20s and her wacky group of friends search for love in the big city while trying to juggle their crazy families and zany careers.

I call it "dhfndkdjfkcksb", coming soon on ABC.

Fade St 2

Advertisement