Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Taste,Trim

Options
  • 11-06-2015 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Am i the only one annoyed its gone?They done a great kebab which i used to enjoy after a few sherbets of a Friday night after a hards week graft!:P rent got put up again so they closed the doors..:(

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Never even heard of it, where was it? The fast-food outlets in Trim seem to be on a conveyor belt. They seem to open and close on a weekly basis. I've a load of take-away menus beside the phone, and most of the places seem to be closed now.

Castle chipper for me, that's my treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

If ever a place was wrongly named it was Supertaste, vile and awful food, like Paolo says, Trim is just a conveyor belt of take aways, the only decent 2 ones IMO are Khan Spices and Marigold. Castle is ok i suppose
    Thai Noodle was great but again that one had serious issues and closed

@Paolo It was next to Supervalu, just next to their second mini car park

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭blueovalmk2

@scudzilla Thai noodle is is closed for one reason an one reason only the food was cat!! awfull ****e tbh

ya have 3 main chippers in Trim all doing the same stuff this 20 years,dont get me wrong theres nothing wrong with there food but comes a time wen a snack box an a square of fish is just not what your after

@scudzilla Love Khan Spices but eh price a fed for 2 adults 3 kids an come back to me..ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

@scudzilla Thai noodle is is closed for one reason an one reason only the food was cat!! awfull ****e tbh

ya have 3 main chippers in Trim all doing the same stuff this 20 years,dont get me wrong theres nothing wrong with there food but comes a time wen a snack box an a square of fish is just not what your after

@scudzilla Love Khan Spices but eh price a fed for 2 adults 3 kids an come back to me..ridiculous!

disagree about thai noodle, place was quality

agree about Khan though, really nice but only for a treat as expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Thai Noodle at least tried to different food to the Normandy really liked it.

I agree about Khan spices being nice but expensive.

Fabios do a nice pizza.

Our gang like Wau's best of the Chinese restaurants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

I've read a lot of positive reviews on Thai Noodle on Boards, but found it very bland myself and a bit of a mickey mouse setup (No Credit Card service, cold inside the shop, staff not very friendly). The noodles I got were stodgy and contained too much sugar for my liking.

Khans is fantastic and a treat once a month for me and the family! Haven't tried any of the Chinese restaurants myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭blueovalmk2

i must have got a bad fed out of Thai Noodle so,burnt an tasteless i found anyway..neighbour gave hers to the dog an work mate threw his in the bin we cant all be wrong,maybe it was just hit an miss somedays..

still cant get me kebab of a Friday night anymore tho..whats the world coming too!! :)

Advertisement