Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kindle Paperwhite Wi-Fi - €109 net of €20 Argos voucher

• 30-10-2014 12:25pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Argos have the new Kindle Paperwhite kindle for €129, they are also offering a €20 Argos voucher with each purchase, leaving the cost at €109, these are £109 on Amazon so that is a great price.

Argos link

Argos price is until 04/11 and I'm not sure how long the €20 voucher offer is lasting. This seems like such a great offer and only available for a few day so didn't want to see it lost in the Argos thread...

465-1417317UC1312334M.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I doubt you can use the vouchers on the purchase of the kindle....you'll have the 20 to spend on other stuff....

Great yokes though, love mine, read all the time now; whereas before I'd hardly read a book a year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

....you'll have the 20 to spend on other stuff....

Correct, you get the voucher after the purchase but sure with XMas on the way there should be no hassle using it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

This will probably last until the 4th of November when the new kindle ereader is out. At a guess they are trying to reduce stock before then.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/High-Resolution-Display-Adaptive-PagePress-Sensors/dp/B00IOY524S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414677057&sr=8-1&keywords=kindle+voyage

For someone who hasn't got a kindle though the argos deal is probably the best around - the paperwhite is probably the best midrange option - even when the voyage comes out - it probably doesn't justify the price unless you are using it constantly.

- well spotted !

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lafpat

Voucher Only eligible for 10 euro I am afraid just purchased one in Limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Slightly OT: which one is better to get? Need one for the missus. PW or the black Kindle 4? I know their specs, etc. Some says the latter one has a better contrast screen and since her Kobo Touch broken (probably the IR touch gone it, screen perfect, no touch response) we try to avoid touch thinking the good auld button would last longer. Then one more thing against both: no native epub support.

• Advertisement

lafpat wrote: »
    Voucher Only eligible for 10 euro I am afraid just purchased one in Limerick

You should have got €20, this offer only started yesterday or today, you can see it clearly stated on this search of the Argos site...

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lafpat

Yes went back and explained it should have been 20 Euro voucher and they gave me the the difference owed. Thanks for the heads up, the staff seemed not to know of this offer so ask at the checkout.

lafpat wrote: »
    Yes went back and explained it should have been 20 Euro voucher and they gave me the the difference owed. Thanks for the heads up, the staff seemed not to know of this offer so ask at the checkout.

Good result, Argos seem quite good for honouring web offers in store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭dubmick

padyjoe wrote: »
    Slightly OT: which one is better to get? Need one for the missus. PW or the black Kindle 4? I know their specs, etc. Some says the latter one has a better contrast screen and since her Kobo Touch broken (probably the IR touch gone it, screen perfect, no touch response) we try to avoid touch thinking the good auld button would last longer. Then one more thing against both: no native epub support.

Paperwhite without a doubt for the built in backlight. The voyage is better again.

Advertisement