Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

£100 Worth of Apps Free - Amazon Appstore

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

Soarer wrote: »
    Sterling's strength against the Euro is making this less attractive than normal.

What a strange way of looking at it.

But I suppose it shows that those shops who constantly display excessive ex prices actually do it for a reason. eg: Was 99.99 - Now 19.99 (SportsDirect etc).

It's best to just look at the actual price and make your own judgement. In this case it's free...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

September1 wrote: »
    Well, quite opposite - it makes saving of 140 Euro

As I mentioned before, you need to use UK address - for example ParcelMotel.

Yes, yes you did :o

Got it now, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Sign into Amazon now with your credentials and 'purchase' all the apps. They will all be linked to your account. Then just install the Amazon app on the new tablets when you get them and all the apps will be available to download. The downside of this is that you will have your Amazon details in the app so there is the potential that the kids could make purchases through that. I'm not sure if the apps will work if you delete the Amazon app after you install the other apps.
    Seeing as how this never got answered :
    If you uninstall the Amazon App after downloading the purchased game/app (let's say App for the amazon app, Game for the downloaded app/game), it will no longer function. You get a license error.

If you use profiles, for example installing Amazon App on your profile and the game on both your and your kids profile, but block the Amazon App for your kids so they can't buy anything, you cannot use the game on your Kid's profile. It will only run on a profile that has access to run the Amazon app

The Amazon App does not require internet access to run or authenticate the game once you've installed the games, so sticking on Airplane mode prevents unnecessary purchases, but also all other communicaitons, necessary or otherwise. Alternatively you could create an Amazon account with dummy payment option (eg an about-to-expire credit card) on it so they can't buy anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I changed my One-Click default address to my PM address as recommended, but still can't get Game of Thrones. Are you guys buying through the Amazon app or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Sappy404 wrote: »
    I changed my One-Click default address to my PM address as recommended, but still can't get Game of Thrones. Are you guys buying through the Amazon app or something?

You need to sign into Amazon, go to Your Account, Manage Your Content and Devices, Settings tab and change your Country Settings to UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    You need to sign into Amazon, go to Your Account, Manage Your Content and Devices, Settings tab and change your Country Settings to UK.

Thanks! Had to do that on Amazon.com, not .co.uk, but it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

If there are different apps in the .com store you could register an account for say a landmark or hotel in the states and get them on that too ;)
    I think i read you can.

Advertisement