Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blaupunkt 32" 1080P LED TV €199

• 17-10-2014 7:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭

Tesco Jervis St Dublin see attached photo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭rash

Is this a good tv?, looking for one for my parents so good sound is important, also is this available countrywide? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

rash wrote: »
    Is this a good tv?, looking for one for my parents so good sound is important, also is this available countrywide? Thanks.

You are right to be cautious re sound quality, we bought a 24" Toshiba for the kitchen and the sound quality is dire, so much so that we have to connect an iPod speaker dock all the time and connect the audio through that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Loads in Extra store, Millfield, Balbriggan...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 drewy16

Is it definitely the 32" 1080p in stock in balbriggan rasher? Only 23" 720p in Drogheda for that price, but I wouldn't mind heading to balbriggan if in stock there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Pretty sure they were the 32 inch. They are in front of the food section, beside the flowers and customer service. If in doubt give them a call to be sure. That was yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭eoin1539

Seems like a good TV :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Loads in the Douglas store. Seems like a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Thrillhouse11

Anyone end up getting this? Thoughts? In need of a TV and this one is tempting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

regards the pic in OP

it says HD ready and underneath it says full HD:confused: so which is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

fryup wrote: »
    regards the pic in OP

it says HD ready and underneath it says full HD:confused: so which is it?

It's HD1080p.

• Advertisement

so is that ready or full ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Full.

but in the pic .....why does it say HD ready???????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭serarra

All full-hd are hd ready. (720p fit in 1080p)
    Not all hd ready are full-hd (Cannot fit 1080p in 720p)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

fryup wrote: »
    but in the pic .....why does it say HD ready???????????????

It says HD ready because HD ready is the technical term for a TV that can display a HD image whether that be 720p or 1080p. Usually you'll see HD Ready 720p or HD Ready 1080p in its spec list. You can't legally call a TV HD Ready 1080p unless it meets certain criteria.

Full HD is just a marketing term that usually refers to a TV that is HD Ready 1080p. There is no limitation on using it though so technically you could call a toaster Full HD if you really wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Thrillhouse11

Decided to go for it, ended up getting the last one they had in stock in Jervis. Got home and discovered that the screws needed to mount the TV to the stand were missing, and for some reason there's a weird kind of connector nut thing included that looks like the head of a digital TV cable, about half an inch in length and diameter, no idea what it's for, not listed in the manual...strange. The missing screws are a pain in the hole, debating over whether to haul the TV back in to Tesco and get a refund (the box itself was in bad nick in general, might be other problems) or just head to Woodies and pick up some replacement screws myself. Again, pain in the hole.

Having said that, and despite not having turned the thing on and given it a spin yet, I'm impressed with the build quality, the size and the decent specs (on paper at least). Probably the best deal for a 32" I'm likely to find any time soon.

Probably a stupid question, but if I pick up some screws myself rather than just go to tesco/the blaupunkt people and demand a replacement set, would that void my warranty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

What image quality or sound?How works usb can you play movies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Does it play MKV files and their subtitles. My LG won't do this.

Advertisement