Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CUBIC IRELAND[Survival][Whitelist]

Options
  • 19-02-2011 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Hi to all Minecrafters.

I am hosting a brand new World - with a heavy irish flavour.

Currently we have established a small farm, with farmhouse and a port , as well as perfect mineshaft. We need more volunteers to join our efforts to help Cube EIRE to flourish.

Let me know if you are interested, and I will send on the IP -
    not too many rules yet - I would hope that the first bunch of settlers get to arrange the policies and laws in our world.

hopefully see you all soon
    Steve ( Gambit )

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Hey, I'm interested!
    Just started playing so I will be learning as I go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 steve Gambit

Here is the Ip Sean

be delighted to help you along :)

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

I was just on there guys my user name is United08, my session timed out and laptop froze so thats why i left suddenly :eek:
    Ill have a look around later
    addicted to minecraft:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

I'd suggest you keep the IP to PMs only, you're opening yourself up to potential griefers otherwise.

Hi Cossax - I agree...good thing is the Ip changes everyday, and the world is so new, that im not too worried yet....wil definitely tighten up when I have a nice crew involved...hopefully see you on there?

• Advertisement

So we have a working farm, and residences,
    the dock and ship building area looks well andthe mine is productive,

AND we also have a new resident --- Big welcome to KAKI - who now owns a nice castle like structure just outside of the farmland.

we look forward to welcoming many more to our little isle.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I was trying to connect yesterday but I couldn't. IP changed or whats the story? I'd like to contribute to the server :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Same i tryed a good few times and could not connect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭decnug

Hi, I'd be interested. Haven't tried the multiplayer side of it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭killerhitman

same i would be interested as well but am only new to the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jak/mar

Lads the ip changes every day probably because his broadband uses a dynamic ip address instead of a static ip.
    So the ip will be different everyday unlike tallon's server.

Well thats my theory :rolleyes:

i think you can set a static ip with eircom...

in all fairness if op wants server to be active with players, he needs to sort out ip first. as people wount biuld anything impresive, untill they will know its stable and safe.

i would not mind to go and do some stuff on that server. when i am not on talls server, if its normal server with everything on and no free stuff.

i would contribute to help out new server, but i need ( and i think moust of people) to know its stable and static ip. so i wouldnt need to look for ip everysingle time i want to log in... :o

its a tip, not a bitch session :p

Hey guys,

thanks for the big effort by people who have joined and who want to join,
    I totally understand about the IP address issue, and unfortunately although the rig is stable, the Ip address will change everyday by Vodafone.

I am trying to talk to them and figure out even a monthly cycle.

What I can offer is that once we have a strong crew - which to be honest I think we have already - big shout out to F_R_E_D, KAKI, LILDIXIE, Louise Vixen and Thor as well as Cherryghost ,Jak Mar and anyone I have left out - I can publish the IP address daily and early directly to the team.

I understand if this doesnt suit, and I am open to any suggestions - this is your world too. THANKS guys.

Hey guys,

thanks for the big effort by people who have joined and who want to join,
    I totally understand about the IP address issue, and unfortunately although the rig is stable, the Ip address will change everyday by Vodafone.

I am trying to talk to them and figure out even a monthly cycle.

What I can offer is that once we have a strong crew - which to be honest I think we have already - big shout out to F_R_E_D, KAKI, LILDIXIE, Louise Vixen and Thor as well as Cherryghost ,Jak Mar and anyone I have left out - I can publish the IP address daily and early directly to the team.

I understand if this doesnt suit, and I am open to any suggestions - this is your world too. THANKS guys.
    if you want a static ip you can use the port forward one its free and it works

Hey KH - can you explain this?

the static IP - needs to be my realworld IP address - not one assigned by DHCP on my router side
    any help appreciated

it allows you to choose the ip that you want to make static if you want to use a gateway,dns and subnet mask

so can you take me through this step by step?

belkin router - home network on the 192.168.x.x range,
    real IP in the 109.78.x.x range

sorry i got confused between your real ip and your local connection ip

no worries...actually you did help me to find a poss solution -working on it now

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Just ring up Vodafone and request one. It costs money to get it done, but its worth it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

DynDns is a solution for DHCP assigned IPs

Just a quick update today.

There are houses popping up allover in the starting village...the farm is thriving, and my own house is being renovated into a castle which can be used in times of defence.

I have also started testing a white-list so hopefully this will work out well and allow me to add the right kinds of people to the server.

Hope to see new and old logging in soon
    tonights IP is 109.76.161.169

Can you pm here everytume you get new ip m8? I might jump in with my friend.

server address for today team :)

Can you whitelist me please?

Hey m8. Did you added me. As i tryed to lig in again and it saud u am not white listed.

EIRE IP : 109.76.193.233

Hi All - thank you all for hopping on and working in the World - starting to look really good :)

I am sticking with the white-list for now -seems to be a good way of securing the server, although I would like to transition to some admin tools (maybe Bukkit) so that we can set permissions for visitors and builders etc...anyone who wants to offer assistance, I would be glad to listen.

I have added some of you to the the white-list - my apologies if I kept anyone waiting,
    I will be adding people as soon as I possible can.

any questions/queries/suggestions -please send them on.
    yours,
    Gambit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

Hi!! not too sure how to even get whitelisted but would love to help out :pac:

Hi Laura,

glad to hear, just send me your Minecraft username and I will add you to the list - this allows you to join the server, and begin life as a square :)

see you soon

• Advertisement

Advertisement