Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Adderall legal in Ireland

Options
  • 23-04-2011 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have read on another forum that Adderall is legal in Ireland and Canada. That post was dated 2008. However, I have heard through another source that Adderall was legal and made illegal in Ireland in 2008. I know it is not mentioned on the prescription list of drugs by the Irish Medicine Board, does this mean it is simply an illegal amphamine or does it mean that it's perfectly legal? Could anyone clear up the legal status relating to this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭usernamegoes

Legal if it's been prescribed to you by a doctor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jazday

Ok, could I mention that I only want legally sound replies, not someones BS opinion on what they think it might be. As far as I know, an Irish doctor cannot prescribe adderall, however I have read that it is legal in Ireland and Canada. I think certain laws may have changed around the time of the whole headshop "crisis" but otherwise I am at loss legally.
    Once more, I do not want opinions, just legal fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭234

The only way to get a legally sound reply is to go to a solicitor. When you post here you run the risk of cranks and idiots. This is why legal advice is not allowed. Even if somebody gives you a link to legislation they could have just googled it and failed to sheck for subsequent ammendments or repeals. You can't demand a very high standard from an anonmyous internet forum.

Advertisement