Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get small gas cylinder in Sligo

Options
  • 07-08-2014 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

i need to get a 5kg calor gas cylinder refill. anybody know if there's anywhere around sligo town that does them.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭T650

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

Hi rraido ,
    Gills in Ballina , also known as Brooklands Gas will refill any cylinder while you wait.
    That's about a 1/2 hour drive I guess.
    Kevin www.iwmotorhomes.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 46 rraido

thanks T650, i've already been to the site, not all calor dealers stock the 5kg cylinder though, hence my question.

The 5kg is obsolete due to the lack of protective shouldering around the valve they're still in circulation but getting rarer as they are phased out. Pot luck on getting one unless you can ask a supplier to reserve one. You'll have to get them refilled if you want to hold onto it too.
    Calor are cracking down on refilling by non-Calor agents. They're sending detectives around to refillers from other suppliers with calor bottles in entrapment endeavors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

The 5kg is obsolete due to the lack of protective shouldering around the valve they're still in circulation but getting rarer as they are phased out. Pot luck on getting one unless you can ask a supplier to reserve one. You'll have to get them refilled if you want to hold onto it too.
    Calor are cracking down on refilling by non-Calor agents. They're sending detectives around to refillers from other suppliers with calor bottles in entrapment endeavors.

I have two 5kg calor bottles with a full collar _DSC2504_130.jpg are you sure they're obsolete. I can see how outfits like tru gas refilling falls foul of the law but someone getting their own cylinder refilled is pushing it, you pay a hefty sum to purchase/rent/whatever the cylinders initially and the refund diminishes over time rather like a hire purchase agreement.

• Advertisement

My bad, the collarless ones are obsolete (the only ones I can fit without modifications). Calor are pushing the 6kgs these days.

It's a buncha malarky getting a "contract" for a new used bottle that gets exchanged for umpteen others over the course of it's service.
    They won't accept them back empty unless you buy a full one...and it's illegal to cut them up to make something useful outtov them...:rolleyes:

Only one thing for it...sanding disc..welder...

enhanced-buzz-2919-1296055715-39.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭T650

Has anyone tried these yet ?

http://www.flogas.ie/gaslight/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

T650 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried these yet ?

http://www.flogas.ie/gaslight/

Light cylinder in UK €56 .. maybe tempted. Light cylinder in ireland €98,

They tried to get me to change over the last time I went for a new cylinder. They want you to pay nearly 100 euro to reduce their labour, transport and maintainance costs and in return you get less gas and need a new regulator. For a little more I can get a gaslow refillable cylinder from the north.

Advertisement