Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious Musicians Needed!

Options
  • 21-01-2009 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

As the title says I'm looking for some serious musicians who are interested in getting a good band together.
    I'm a 22 year old guitarist based in North Dublin. I've been playing 12 years or so now and would be looking for people around the same age group and who are capable musicians.

Some bands I'd really be into are Biffy Clyro, A Perfect Circle, Elbow. That kind of thing.

I'm also ONLY looking for people who aren't guitarists right now, sorry.

Anyway, if anyone is interested send me a PM or leave me a message here.
    Cheers!

-Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 igotpoisoned

Hey im a singer/frontman but write alot on the bass, wouldnt be good enough live but i was in a serious band for 4 years, i like putting on a good show but believe a good band has to have good songs and material they believe in, im in Kilkenny unfortunately but if something was right i wouldnt mind travelling, bands im into atm would be strokes,vampire weekend,white lies,tom petty,killers and the list goes on! Have you anything you've done before that I could listen to?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Pauleeeeeeee

Thanks for the reply man.

Well seeing as this is a new band I'm trying to create from scratch I wouldn't have anything available for you to listen to. Even stuff that I have personally from a previous band is a few years old now and wouldn't reflect on what I'm doing now. To be honest I didn't even enjoy playing it at the time :-p

Another thing is, I'm really looking for people who have no problem in practicing a few times a week if we all feel that something good is happening musically. Being from Kilkenny you'd probably find it hard to keep up with the travelling (or maybe you wouldn't!).

bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭DJ_Brady

I'm only playing 3 years.
    I'm 20 based in Navan Meath can get to Dublin though.
    I'm playing at The Button Factory on the 27th January 09 at 8pm.
    Most of my stuff is on www.andrewbradymusic.com
    The only thing is is that I play guitar and sing.
    Going to take keyboard up soon but want a band first and am willing to change my style of songwriting to suit others.

Howya doing DJ. I'd be looking for musicians with a few more years experience than yourself. Thanks for replying though.

And...bump.

• Advertisement

bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Elder Roche

Hey man, I put up a thread earlier looking for musicians. I don't claim to know all the bands you are into, but I'm into fairly obscure stuff myself.

I do love Elbow, and I love the soundscapes they make.

I'm a piano player and vocalist mainly, but I do play other instruments from harmonica, xylophone, guitar, etc. Oh I live in Dublin.

Let me know if you'd be interested in hooking up. I'm starting a recording project soon enough, so I'm looking for creative musicians.

Thanks,

Elder Roche
    www.myspace.com/elderroche

Hey man. Thanks for replying.

To be honest I'm looking for a group of musicians to form a band with. I wouldn't be interested in just being part of someone else's project if you get me.

Best of luck anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Elder Roche

Yeah, so am I. I'm looking for the band to form around the recordings, and then we can take it on the road. That means equal creativity, which never works. That's why I'm looking to work with a suitable producer to help hone the sound. Do you write songs too?

Not to worry if you're still not interested.

Thanks,

Elder Roche

Hey man. Thanks for replying.

To be honest I'm looking for a group of musicians to form a band with. I wouldn't be interested in just being part of someone else's project if you get me.

Best of luck anyway.

Well I'm meeting with a drummer and bassist this week. Their influences wouldn't be more towards the biffy clyro/a perfect circle thing more than Elbow so I'll see how that goes and send you a PM then if that's cool then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Clare999

15 Years experience, but I'm a Hot Male 32 year old. Acoustic & Sing ONLY. I have only played for my own satisfaction until yesterday when I decided I love it more than my Job.

B

Clare999 wrote: »
    15 Years experience, but I'm a Hot Male 32 year old. Acoustic & Sing ONLY. I have only played for my own satisfaction until yesterday when I decided I love it more than my Job.

B

Any samples of you singing online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Clare999

Not as yet but I might sort something within the next week

Cool. Let me know.

In the mean time I'm still interested in hearing from other musicians who'd be up for something like this.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

Ah i'd happily play some Biffyesque music...but i'm a guitarist/singer :pac:

Howya Matt. What age are you? Any samples of your singing?

bump

Bump

Bump

Bump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭GazPat

How many people have signed up etc,

What type of lie-up you looking for 1-2 guitars etc.

Hey GazPat. I haven't signed up anyone yet.

It's actually unbelievable how many timewasters have contacted me over the last few months though. They could all talk the talk but when it came to them actually leaving their house for a jam it all seemed like too much effort for them!

Line up wise right now I'm looking for bassit, drummer, and singer at the moment. Then after that maybe keyboard and another guitarist.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭GazPat

Well Rhythm guitarist is what I like to call myself, just like every other F**ker in Dublin,

For Future reference if needed 22 yo, south Dublin.

If your interested gis a Shout.

Gary

Cheers man.

Sent you a PM there.

bump

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭theboat

Hi. I'm a drummer and I've been playing for 8 years. I listen to pretty much anything, but mainly alternative rock, indie, blues/folk influenced stuff. Recently became a huge elbow fan.
    I used to play in this band: http://www.bebo.com/Rollbackband
    so maybe check that out to see if you think I'd be sort of what you're looking for.
    Cheers.

Sent you a pm man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Briamond

Hey I am 23 year old vocalist living in Dublin 8 have three years experience with covers and original bands.... i am good singer with a strong range and a good head for composition (both music and lyrics).

Biffy A perfect Circle, Tool, Metallica, RHCP and Incubus are some of my favs and singing influences.

I would be interested in trying out if there is still an opening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Briamond

I also play a bit of guitar some heavy some light odd time signatures as well. More comfortable just singing or just playing guitar. I am a decent guitarist but a really good singer imho

Advertisement