Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitarist available

Options
  • 15-12-2008 5:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Guitarist looking to join or put band together.
    I'm playing about 13 years, with loads of band experience,gigged up and down the country.
    As for influences, the stuff I've been writing lately would be along the lines of Pearl Jam, The Frames, Goo Goo Dolls, Pink(her heavier stuff), PJ Harvey,Led Zeppelin,Kings of Leon(not a big fan of yer man's voice though),The Cure, Joy Division, Screaming Trees, Bruce Springsteen, and I could probably go on all day here.
    I write a lot of original stuff, mainly on electric but I am digging the stuff I'm doing on the acoustic too.I also play lead,kind of a bluesy lead,similar to Mike McCready (Pearl Jam) and Jimi Hendrix.
    If there's any singers looking to start something like a solo career, I could be used as a songwriting foil (if that makes sense) for them.
    I live just outside Dublin and I have transport and I will actually travel long distances, especially for the right project.
    If anyone's interested,reply or pm me here, or mail mrwhatever@ymail.com
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rgjmce

Guitarist looking to join or put band together.
    I'm playing about 13 years, with loads of band experience,gigged up and down the country.
    As for influences, the stuff I've been writing lately would be along the lines of Pearl Jam, The Frames, Goo Goo Dolls, Pink(her heavier stuff), PJ Harvey,Led Zeppelin,Kings of Leon(not a big fan of yer man's voice though),The Cure, Joy Division, Screaming Trees, Bruce Springsteen, and I could probably go on all day here.
    I write a lot of original stuff, mainly on electric but I am digging the stuff I'm doing on the acoustic too.I also play lead,kind of a bluesy lead,similar to Mike McCready (Pearl Jam) and Jimi Hendrix.
    If there's any singers looking to start something like a solo career, I could be used as a songwriting foil (if that makes sense) for them.
    I live just outside Dublin and I have transport and I will actually travel long distances, especially for the right project.
    If anyone's interested,reply or pm me here, or mail mrwhatever@ymail.com
    Cheers.

How old are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mr Whatever

29 today

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rgjmce

29 today

sorry i'm 19 too big an age difference

Yeah I know,saw your ad the other day.
    Best of luck with the search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

do you sing? or do you play covers? I need a vocalist/guitarist for an original band and a guitarist for a covers band ....... if either is of interest just drop me a PM

• Advertisement

Just gonna bump this back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Conor Brennan

hello mr whatever,

I am setting up an instrumental & experiemental band which will consist of a number of versatile & experienced musicians. At present there are 3 drummers interested, 3 - 4 guitar players, ca larinet player, singers and potentially some brass players....

the project is all about playing for pleasure - no stress, no pressure, no nonsense, just enjoying jamming with maybe a few gigs...

Let me know if you're intersted - I am hoping to meet with everyone intersted to jam and see who likes what i'm at and who works best together....

Conor

PS: By the way I'm 29 and the project will be based in dublin

Advertisement