Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fridge not working when driving

Options
  • 12-08-2014 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    The fridge/freezer does seem to be working fine - I got it up (or down:)) to temperature hooked up in the driveway before we went on a trip at the weekend.
    But when we were driving and i used the selector button to select the battery symbol, which is what we've always done to have it working when driving, I just get flashing red as if the engine is off - but we're driving along at 80kmh. I'm not sure where to start investigating this. Is there a fuse potentially gone somewhere? If so, is this a van fuse, or a motorhome fuse?

thanks

Comments

Usually a ≥10A fuse somewhere. Could be you fridge switch burnt out..happens a lot.
    You can run it off the inverter in the mean time it actually works much better on AC at cooling and efficiency because it's thermostat controlled.
    You can disconnect it from the battery and check it for resistance with the switch on to check the element.
    Otherwise broken wire, corrosion etc.

kelbal wrote: »
    ...is this a van fuse, or a motorhome fuse?

Motorhome usually.

Advertisement