Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Zoo

Options
  • 01-08-2014 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I am heading towards Dublin and Wicklow at the end of next week and am wondering if anybody could give some advice on parking a camper near the zoo. I am only staying while visiting the zoo not overnight.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MammaZita

gerryt50 wrote: »
    I am heading towards Dublin and Wicklow at the end of next week and am wondering if anybody could give some advice on parking a camper near the zoo. I am only staying while visiting the zoo not overnight.

There is a carpark beside the zoo (just past the zoo on the right if coming from town, before it to the left if coming from Castleknock) and there are often campers parked during the day. Try to arrive early particularly if its a sunny day as it can fill up quickly especially at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,290 ✭✭✭Macy0161

There's also on street parking on chesterfield avenue. Again availability/ distance from zoo would depend on the weather.

Loadsa free parking in the Phoenix, car parks and roadside.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

Don't park anywhere between the roundabout on Chesterfield Avenue and the Islandbridge Gate or far past Garda HQ parallel to Blackhorse Avenue. Break in's are a regular occurrence on these stretches.
    Personally I'd park on Chesterfield Avenue, much less chance of bother and plenty of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 gerryt50

Thanks for the replies.

I will let you know how I fare with my 7m+ camper.

• Advertisement
Advertisement