Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with flash on android tablet please

Options
  • 12-12-2012 12:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm not into tech stuff, so please bear with me, but I got this android tablet for my little boy for xmas, but I went to download binweevils and the usual stuff for him to have on it, but its saying its got no Adobe Flash ,and my device does'nt support it........reading up on other posts via google searches, it make for grim reading......

...have i bought a pup of a tablet?

Can someone help me to get flash on this yoke please?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What tablet is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭babynice

I had the same problem a while ago. I did what they said here and now it works: forums.adobe.com/message/4888731

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

What tablet is it?

its this one.....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007X3TRVA/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00
    babynice wrote: »
    I had the same problem a while ago. I did what they said here and now it works: forums.adobe.com/message/4888731

thanks, will look that up

Your tablet is running android 4.1 jellybean. I think that flash isn't supported by jelly bean and only works on android 4.0 and below. I'm not fully sure though.
    Edit: sorry I think I misread your link. If it's running android 4.0 you should be able to get Flash.

i read there is a work around.......can someone help me find it please?

the tablet says it on Android 4.0.3 ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Have you tried downloading an apk of adobe? You can get it on xda fourms.

Go settings, then go to security and allow non-market apps to be installed.

helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html Find your android version and select it. This worked for me and my version is 4.0.4.

WHOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I got it downloaded.......that is a relief.......

...thanks for your help guys

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

MidlandsM wrote: »
    WHOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I got it downloaded.......that is a relief.......

...thanks for your help guys

you may still run into problems on certain browsers. I recommend Ocean Browser for circumventing that issue, should it arise for you

Thanks, currently using Dolphin, works grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

MidlandsM wrote: »
    Thanks, currently using Dolphin, works grand
    Yep dolphin is great its my go to browser for my GNex but I have to use ocean on my Nexus 10 as experiencing problems with dolphin from a flash point of view

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭newleaf

My Tablet is a Scroll Exel II, generally happy with it, running Android 4.0, has Flash Player installed but RTE Player not working, says it needs a newer version of Flash. Should I be able to download the apk file for the last Flash Version for Android and install that? Will it override the previous installation of Flash? I'd be going from Version 11.1.115.6 to Version 11.1.115.34 as far as I can see from here: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html#main_Archived_versions

Advertisement