Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

App or method to receive phone calls or sms over wifi

Options
  • 30-12-2012 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

I am looking for an application or method in which I will be able to receive sms or phone calls over wifi , when my phone is out of range.

Basically I have moved house and my phone signal is not as strong as it used to be, however there is a very strong wifi signal . I wanted to see if there was an app or method for android which will re route the incoming calls over the wifi signal when I am out of mobile phone coverage. I am with meteor by the way if that makes any difference.

I would like to be able to receive calls via the wifi as the other signal is mobile phone signal is not as strong..

I have googled the query above already and talktone for android with google voice has been suggested. Has anybody tried this before.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Viber or Skype?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Use cabbage for sending text messages and viber for phone calls. Alternatively you can use whatsapp for sending /receiving texts /pictures.
    AFAIK Google voice is not available in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭confusedquark

yeah, viber to make/receive calls, cabbage to send texts using your meteor webtexts, and whatsapp to send/receive messages.. for viber and whatsapp to work, the person ur communicating with must also have them installed and be connected to wifi/3g, i dont think it's possible for them to dial ur number on their phone placing a regular call and then for it to be transferred to wifi and ring on ur phone, although I think skype might offer such a service, won't be free though

Advertisement