Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lotto ads

Options
  • 30-03-2013 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Watching TV this afternoon, it occurred to me, not for the first time, how spectacularly unfunny the Lotto ads are. For a few million euro, I’d … [proceeds to list a series of dangerous, difficult, stupid, humiliating things one could do or have done to oneself]. I always cringe a little when these come on. Why is this? It’s not like I was involved in their creation and yet I’m made to feel uncomfortable in my own home by these ads. My own home! So I scramble around for the remote control and frantically change station before they get to the “punch line” only to be assaulted by a TV license ad. There are many ways to pay your TV licence. One of them is not by …[cue misguided TV owner trying to pay his/her licence fee by hilarious method apparently not acceptable to the good people of An Post). More embarrassment. In my own home!

I take small comfort from this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDW_Hj2K0wo

I should probably post this in the Ads you despise thread, but I think these ads are so truly disturbing that they warrant a thread of their own. End of rant.

Comments

Advertisement