Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone for video chats

Options
  • 10-12-2012 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi , I need a phone for skype and viber to keep in touch with family in canada, can you suggest what is the cheapest option for me, I'm on meteor network, thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I'm not familiar with Viber but think most of the newest smartphones allow you to Skype in particular the Galaxy S3 I think depends what you can afford. Majority of them probably do, what ever smartphones be more for social/entertainment I suppose. Sony in particular. Best to go into a shop and ask and advisor or just google it!? Some websites with reviews can give more detailed descriptions and comparison of phones. Have a look into Amazon and the phone network websites.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

https://store.meteor.ie/phones/pay-as-you-go-phones/xperia-j

Sony Xperia J should do skype and viber for you. Get a demo of it to make sure you like it first

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭WORRZELL

thanks for that, I'll get a demo to see if its face to face skype, can I pick these up 2nd hand or am I better off going to the shop.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

WORRZELL wrote: »
    thanks for that, I'll get a demo to see if its face to face skype, can I pick these up 2nd hand or am I better off going to the shop.

Try adverts.ie. You could get a higher spec for a similar price if you wanted. Any from gingerbread onwards should do the video calls iirc

Advertisement