Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damaged hob from Powercity

Options
  • 06-11-2012 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭

Just looking for a bit of advice.
    On Sunday we bought a hob from powercity. The storeman brought out the job and an electric heater (that we bought), one on top of the other. I took them of him at the door, and as they were I put them into the boot.
    Monday morning I went to install the job, opened it up and found that the corner was smashed and it had a crack running through it.
    My wife brought it back today, they said it had to go to head office to see if the store broke it or we broke it. They wouldn't replace it there and then.
    So we now have no hob to cook on and we will have to wait a week until we hear back.
    There is also a chance that they won't give us anything back. If this happens is there anything we can do?
    Also if I buy another one tomorrow, do we have to accept a replacement of them or can we get something else for it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Physical damage is always a tough one. It's very difficult to know who caused the damage. I'd politely but firmly start pushing for a resolution rather than waiting. If the worst comes to worst you may have to make an insurance claim, failing that you could try the Small Cliams Court but you may just be throwing €25 away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Physical damage is always a tough one. It's very difficult to know who caused the damage. I'd politely but firmly start pushing for a resolution rather than waiting. If the worst comes to worst you may have to make an insurance claim, failing that you could try the Small Cliams Court but you may just be throwing €25 away.

They came back saying there is proof that we took the hob out of the case, which is a lie. They also said the user instructions are missing which we didn't get. I've asked them to check the hob again and that being a qualified electrician I knew what I was doing.
    They do have some nerve though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

I meant to update this.
    We got a full refund in the end.

Advertisement