Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteers for Punk Mod...

Options
  • 17-02-2005 3:09pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I know a punk moderator is very "unpunk" and makes as much sense as sociopathic group therapy but their job is to keep the place ticking over and deal with the morons.

Anyone up for the job please reply below.

DeV.

Comments

I have to... They just need to be led in the right direction... (See below)

All that anger... The world is sometimes a crazy place...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

I will volunteer...im online about 18 hours a day due to work and if it means keeping people like veryslowey at bay then HELL YEAH :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I'd like the job. I mod the forum on www.berkeley.tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Preferably someone who actually likes punk music so I vote against Papa Smut.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

I nominate me or NotMe! lol

We both know the score and are hip happening kids. Also he created my sexy sig, so if i don't get it. He should!!

Vote Matthew!

• Advertisement

NotMe wrote:
    Preferably someone who actually likes punk music so I vote against Papa Smut.

I apologise NotMe, someday I will join in one of your discussions. I was only taking the oui by putting my name forward.
    I know an awful lot about punk. My parents were punks and I have a fascinating record collection. Original Pete and the Test Tube Babies, Siouxsie, Discharge, even the Rezillos are there! I just can't see the relevance when you have bands like SUM41, Blink182, Even green day being called punk. It certainly aint punk anymore.

Papa Hoff wrote:
    I apologise NotMe, someday I will join in one of your discussions. I was only taking the oui by putting my name forward.
    I know an awful lot about punk. My parents were punks and I have a fascinating record collection. Original Pete and the Test Tube Babies, Siouxsie, Discharge, even the Rezillos are there! I just can't see the relevance when you have bands like SUM41, Blink182, Even green day being called punk. It certainly aint punk anymore.
    Ok I was just going by your previous posts. I got the impression you weren't a punk fan. But if you like P&TTTB then you're cool. :cool:

I nominate Matthewthebig :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

ill throw my name in the hat too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I'd be up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

/me throws name in hat

Although I'm not sure I'm tolerant enough of... ya know... opinions ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I'd do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

I'd be up for it... I love punk and everything to do with it - not just the music but the culture too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i vote for dregin (he is in a punk band, or so i'm told)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

jimeatsmenu & bombidol to rule with an iron fist, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Finally he turns up. lol

Jim hasn't actually put his name in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Drum boy

So how we decide???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

a poll would be fair

Not necessarily. People could just go and get people to register or register multiple accounts themselves to further their own cause. And as far as finding a good moderator, it's probably better to gauge a persons skills by their past behaviour than on a popularity contest.

dregin wrote:
    Not necessarily. People could just go and get people to register or register multiple accounts themselves to further their own cause. And as far as finding a good moderator, it's probably better to gauge a persons skills by their past behaviour than on a popularity contest.

Yes I agree a poll would be just stupid.

Mark.

• Advertisement

dregin wrote:
    Not necessarily. People could just go and get people to register or register multiple accounts themselves to further their own cause.
    That's a bit over the top. Being a mod isn't that great is it?

Probably, but I'm sure it's been done before.

What about a public poll and only people with say over 100 posts can vote. Nah, I'm sure DeVore will just pick someone.

NotMe wrote:
    What about a public poll and only people with say over 100 posts can vote. Nah, I'm sure DeVore will just pick someone.

Thanks for stating the obvious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Does DeV really have the time to go dredging through people's post histories though to pick the most suitable person? A poll would be the easiest option but it couldn't be trusted really.

I am MAN wrote:
    Thanks for stating the obvious :)
    Thanks for stating that I'm stating the obvious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Dregin, Jimeatsmenu or bombidol would get my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'll do it.

We need these new mods now to get rid of threads about RATM tribute bands and the like. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

I vote Matthew (but he's the only one I know...)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement