Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How many Ferraris are there in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

bladebrew wrote: »
    Who would service a Ferrari in Ireland? Would it have to go up north? I have seen one Ferrari in Cork on a trailer!
    Any competent mechanic. I know an Irish lad out here in Perth and worked for Lamborghini and Ferrari. He was a trained VW tech. The thing that pissed him off the most was removing the massive under tray which could take 0.5 hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

If you're wealthy enough to afford a Ferrari, you ain't gonna register it at your Irish address.
    Not sure I agree with this. I'd say there's at least 100 Ferrari's registered in Ireland. Made sense to try and avoid paying VRT before but there's no reason to now as most of it can be claimed back if you export it.

In Italy, the annual road tax for a Ferrari is €10k a year compared to €2k here. Countries like Denmark, Australia and China place a 100%+ tax on luxury cars making our VRT charges seem reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Am I the only one who thinks its a bit mad trying to work out the number of Ferraris in the country by one saying I seen one in the Docklands a few weeks back, somebody else coming along and saying I seen two in Ballsbridge and somebody else saying I seen one in Kildare etc etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭ofcork

There have been at least 5 or 6 irish regged Ferraris on the cannonball over the years,used to be a 355 in cork but gone a while,also a 599 around.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Am I the only one who thinks its a bit mad trying to work out the number of Ferraris in the country by one saying I seen one in the Docklands a few weeks back, somebody else coming along and saying I seen two in Ballsbridge and somebody else saying I seen one in Kildare etc etc?

I don't think anyone's doing that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

If only they made one with a 1.6 TDI the sales would rocket...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Just passed a 01 Tipperary reg 360 Spider on the Naas dual carriageway.
    White stripe on the bonnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

I met an 01 Ferrari 360 on the m50 last week. I checked it on cartell to see was it a replica

How could you tell it was a replica from cartel.ie?

Did it say replica??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

TheNog wrote: »

Did it say replica??

turns out it wasn't a replica..

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭JamieIsGod

I've seen two -D- reg 599's over the past two weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Seen that tipp reg one a few times. There's also a black 360 close enough to me.

In Waterford there's a fella with 3, he has a
    308 gtb(magnum pi model)
    F40
    Dino ( I've a suspicion that this may be a replica though, but an excellent replica of it is )

His cars were all on German plates but if I remember right he has a house over there too so can get away with not vrt ing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

discodavie wrote: »

That cannot be correct, I have personally seen an 09 registered 599.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

How does that work?? He has an address in England or Germany etc but does that mean that he needs to be resident there, ie spend over half the year out of ireland? Or is there a limit to how long the car can be in Ireland every year?? If this is true, why not just buy a bedsit for pennies in England and get away with no vrt!!??
    Seen that tipp reg one a few times. There's also a black 360 close enough to me.

In Waterford there's a fella with 3, he has a
    308 gtb(magnum pi model)
    F40
    Dino ( I've a suspicion that this may be a replica though, but an excellent replica of it is )

His cars were all on German plates but if I remember right he has a house over there too so can get away with not vrt ing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭JamieIsGod

porsche959 wrote: »

I don't think that includes imports.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I don't think anyone's doing that.

Hmm. reading some of the responses it would almost seem some are though..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

How does that work?? He has an address in England or Germany etc but does that mean that he needs to be resident there, ie spend over half the year out of ireland? Or is there a limit to how long the car can be in Ireland every year?? If this is true, why not just buy a bedsit for pennies in England and get away with no vrt!!??

It was a while since I've seen them but if I remember right, his main residence is in Germany as is his business. I know at the time the F40 was over for a show and spent most of its life over there, but the other two were over here a lot.

I'd find out more if I knew the man, but I just happened to be buying car parts from him and being nosey asked him for a look. Beautiful cars and got a spin in the gtb.

Just goes to show, you never know what's in people's sheds, and with the collapse of the cetic tiger, I'm pretty sure there is a lot of hidden cars in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Did it say replica??

No, it would say something other than Ferrari...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Just saw a 308 in Dublin 2 this evening, looking lovely.

There must be a fellow who owns two, as I'd often see a yellow one and a red one driving the same route on the south quays on alternate mornings. I think one of them was a 355.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

I'd say close to 100 in the South and more in the North. I know of two close to me and have seen plenty of others around Dublin alone.

They generally only see the summer months so more about than you would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Did it say replica??

Here's an example. The first is an actual Ferrari, the second is a replica based on a Toyota MR2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭generalmental

boombang wrote: »
    Just saw a 308 in Dublin 2 this evening, looking lovely.

There must be a fellow who owns two, as I'd often see a yellow one and a red one driving the same route on the south quays on alternate mornings. I think one of them was a 355.

I might be wrong but im nearly sure that those 2 are part of the "Ferrari driving experience".

When I did it I got to drive the yellow one and he offered me the choice of the Quays or the M50. Errrm no brainer.

Man could that car move..all I remember was a couple of lads giving it loads in a Subaru impreza. Ha ate it up for lunch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

A local fella has one. This one's been around a while and I often see it filling up at one specific station
    IMG_0164.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

I saw one in castleisland co kerry last week. Beautiful looking car, first time seeing one down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Roland.B.

porsche959 wrote: »
    Theres a 2011 Ferrari 458 Italia Of which ive got a pic and the 2009 599 Which i aslo have a pic of but wont let me post

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Just passed a 01 Tipperary reg 360 Spider on the Naas dual carriageway.
    White stripe on the bonnet.

That one is definitely a replica, seen it a few times myself > http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84315865&postcount=2892

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

A couple of the bigger banks have sheds full of the things, a lot more Ferrari's In the country than people realise.

It's hard to estimate how many Ferrari's are here as plenty of them have been imported as well as exported in recent years. I know of a 430 Spider, 458, California and 2 599's that have been imported and reg'd here in the last few months alone.

I'd say there are well over 100 on Irish plates. Plenty more on UK plates as well as tons more up the North.

Anyone remember the F50 that was here years ago? It used to belong to the Sultan of Brunei who had it converted to RHD, Irish owner sold it a few years ago though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

You'll get some info here https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ferrari-Owners-Club-Ireland/241600302529598

I see 2/3 Ferrari's a week in South Dublin. A lot of the time it's the same cars, but still...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭h.bolla

There usually always seems to be 2 or 3 for sale on donedeal at any given time. I mean there are 6 on it right now. Id say that kinda suggests that theres a fair few floating about.

Advertisement