Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Focus ST. Any good?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

check it out thoroughly and enjoy! You wont regret it so long as its a good one (Quite a high number for Westmeath so possibly an import, which in a way is good as there more comprehensive records held in the UK on mileage and any possible HP or accident damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

There is a poster on this forum who owns one. He might give some advice if he sees this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Check it thoroughly (From the tyres to shocks to all the way back the drive chain) as they are the type of car that can be bought and rallied around no end. A friend had one, loved it and traded for an M3 eventually. Only thing he ever complained about was how thirsty it was, and he was a thoroughbred petrol head.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Ask Supergurrier, he knows the craic with these yokes. Loving the colour though! Quirty and stands out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Really hoping to buy one myself in the next few weeks/months. I'm looking to try and pick up a facelift model with leather. There's a buying guide on the Focus ST owners club which is fair good. Bear in mind if you are reading it, the ST-1, ST-2 and ST-3 did not exist on the Irish market as such. There was just the ST plus extras.

http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/topic/51862-st-buyers-guide-second-hand/

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Mikko Mallikas

I wanted one too, but went for a Mondeo st instead, would you consider one?

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭PLUG71

h3000 wrote: »
    Really hoping to buy one myself in the next few weeks/months. I'm looking to try and pick up a facelift model with leather. There's a buying guide on the Focus ST owners club which is fair good. Bear in mind if you are reading it, the ST-1, ST-2 and ST-3 did not exist on the Irish market as such. There was just the ST plus extras.

http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/topic/51862-st-buyers-guide-second-hand/

Thanks a million
    this is very usefull:)

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭PLUG71

I wanted one too, but went for a Mondeo st instead, would you consider one?

I already have a s60 t5 which is a real wolf in sheeps clothing so would rather buy the focus.

Cool car though and probably would be into one if the T5 died :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

That car may have alot of owners. I've seen a few orange Westmeath st on donedeal, I'd say they are the same one.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I had one from new in 2006. Performance Blue 3 door. Great fun car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Any specific question just ask...

You'll want to ask certain things when looking at one.

1. Has the alternator been replaced yet.
    2. Has the oil diaphragm been replaced yet
    3. If it has done near to 100,000 miles ask about the belts
    4. Check the clutch for slip

Apart from that the main things similar to a normal car all stand. If you want someone to check out any you may be interested in around Dublin let me know, glad to help if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Buy shares in your local petrol station :p

Great car though and extremely easy to eek out more power if you are into that sort of thing.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Great car all right, check what Dar has mentioed.
    Chances are that's it remapped, you can check by driving and seeing where the boost guage goes to, if it stays up for a bit it's remapped.
    Check the front wishbone bushings, prone to splitting and hampering the handling.

Also

Decent tyres are a must
    With summer coming an upgraded IC may be in order if it's got a stage 3 map (Mod B/C dreamscience) or a stage 2 like DCSI
    Milage on that one is fairly high tbh, if you got it for 5500-5800 nct'd and with abit of tax it could be a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I'd also get rid of the dump valve ASAP.

Dump valves on ST's tend to mess with the fuelling and because of that they run overly rich, buy an upgraded alloy recirc valve off ebay for 40 quid instead.

Pity you didnt come to the meet was 2 ST's there today although neither were standard :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Something when I'm going through a mid-life crisis, plus they might have come down in price a bit then!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Greyfoot

Think he bought it.. fair play to him

• Registered Users Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Nice to see a bright spark of power and fun amongst the dull grey, black and white diesel saloons. They sound great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Buying one tonight from a mate.

Bursting to get out and take her for a spin!

• Advertisement
Advertisement