Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Merrion Motor Company, Dublin (old thread)

Options
  • 28-07-2013 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭

Merrion Motor Company, Lr Mount Pleasant Avenue, Rathmines, Dublin 6.

Hi Folks,

Has anyone ever heard of the above.

Anyone ever had any dealings with them, good bad or indifferent?

Many thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

Bought a car for my mum off them beginning of the year.
    Had to chase them to get them to send off the RF105 (I think) form to change the ownership of the car she traded in.
    Besides that they were fine.
    Very reasonable when it came to haggling and the Rep we dealt with was a pleasant bloke.
    The car itself is spot on so can't comment on the warranty they offered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Bought a car for my mum off them beginning of the year.
    Had to chase them to get them to send off the RF105 (I think) form to change the ownership of the car she traded in.
    Besides that they were fine.
    Very reasonable when it came to haggling and the Rep we dealt with was a pleasant bloke.
    The car itself is spot on so can't comment on the warranty they offered.

Thank you Keith,

Sounds promising.

Did Merrion Motor Company trade under a different name at this premises?

Perhaps I am confusing them with someone else?

Perhaps Merrion Motor Company were based somewhere else before their existing premises?

I just associated the name Merrion with Mount Merrion in Dublin.

I could be on the wrong track altogether?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

After looking at your original post it appears I glazed over on the address.
    I assumed it was mount Merrion you were talking about as well. I've never dealt with the one you were talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

It deffo traded under a diff name a few years ago..pretty sure it was closed for quite some time too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,494 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

It deffo traded under a diff name a few years ago..pretty sure it was closed for quite some time too

That's where Suburban Autos were for years, they're long gone from there. Been a few garages through that site since.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

That's where Suburban Autos were for years, they're long gone from there. Been a few garages through that site since.

Suburban Autos & Suburban Cars , were they connected?

Who owns Merrion Motor Company?

Merrion name seems out of place. I recall Gowan Motors in Merrion, and Deerpark in Mount Merrion:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 barrynw

Merrion Motor Company was started in May 2011 located on Lower Mount Pleasant Avenue Rathmines Dublin 6.
    The owner Barry Walsh has 17 years experience in the motor trade, previously working in the new franchise car market with Rathdown Motors.
    Merrion Motor Company has no affiliation with any previous tenants or car dealerships whom operated from this address in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

You should probably declare you are he if that is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 barrynw

My apologies I was just trying to clarify previous threads in relation to who Merrion Motor Company was and when it was started.
    My name is Barry Walsh and I am the Managing Director of Merrion Motor Company.
    sorry for any confusion
    regards
    barry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

I get you. But some people can be fussy around these parts. So just to say it before someone got ratty was all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Reidy

are you guys merrion motors ex sandyford motors ??

• Registered Users Posts: 73,392 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That guy hasn't logged in since he posted that.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That guy hasn't logged in since he posted that.

Had me eye on a car from them but have been told they used to work for sandyford motors, which if the case il give it a miss, they sold some right scrapheaps!!

Just to say that the bloke in charge of this company is ex sandyford motors.

Advertisement