Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heroes of Ruin

Options
  • 18-03-2012 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Because it deserves a thread:p

What do you guys think? I can't help but feel its going to be pretty bland. I dunno i just can't shake the feeling. The character customisation doesn't look very extensive, but there is alot of supposed content and come on voice chat sounds pretty amazing anyway how do you feel about it? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Game discussion for the Games forum. Moved from Nintendo forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

jaydoxx wrote: »
    Because it deserves a thread:p

What do you guys think? I can't help but feel its going to be pretty bland. I dunno i just can't shake the feeling. The character customisation doesn't look very extensive, but there is alot of supposed content and come on voice chat sounds pretty amazing anyway how do you feel about it? :)

I thought it was a DSi ware game at first, don't think it will do too good as a full price retail release. I will pick it up next year in the post xmas sales.

Out tomorrow as far as I can tell, but I can't find any reviews out there (it's still a month away from US release, so reviews might be a bit thin on the ground for a while).

Anyone grabbing it?

The second video below kind of sells me on it .... hopefully it's widely available tomorrow. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Mr E wrote: »
    Out tomorrow as far as I can tell, but I can't find any reviews out there (it's still a month away from US release, so reviews might be a bit thin on the ground for a while).

Anyone grabbing it?

The second video below kind of sells me on it .... hopefully it's widely available tomorrow. :o

There is a demo up on the eShop. I downloaded it last night but haven't tried it yet. I've no idea what type of game it is.

Watch the 2nd video. It's like a portable Diablo (quests, loot, random dungeons)
    Great co-op multiplayer too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

Played the demo and it was surprisingly fun. I wouldn't play full price for it though, it's too by the numbers.
    The classes only seem to have one gender though. Bit odd considering the genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ScaldyMc

Played the demo. Really enjoyed it. Once I have finished current game (on last chapter of Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon) I'll pick this up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Pity I don't have a 3ds that looks real interesting

€44.99 in Gamestop, and couldn't find it in HMV.

Mr E wrote: »
    €44.99 in Gamestop, and couldn't find it in HMV.

Picked it up in GameStop with 10% off by handing in A GAME card.

• Advertisement

Played an hour of it and my progress is 10%. Not sure if side quests count towards that or not, but it's on target for a 10 hour playthrough.

I'm enjoying it quite a bit, and I've died a few times (so it's not easy).

Hard to get used to the block, though. You have to hold R for a fraction of a second before the shield goes up, and often that's too late. Either dodging or targeting the projectile enemies early seems to work better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭smokingman

Won't be getting it 'til Sunday (dads day pressie) but can't wait.

Apparently, if you register on the heroesofruin.com site, you can link the ds game to it and get free valour points.

Going for the magician class myself - who's everyone else playing as?

Magician too, but the spells are very under-powered to start off with. Hacking and slashing until I can level up a bit.

I'm loving this and I haven't even gone online yet.
    Thought I'd build up a character first and besides the gradual turning of your attacks from "a bit pathetic" to "THAT'S more like it!", the Zelda-town-esque hub town of Nexus, the infuriating-at-times inventory being "just too small", the "HOLY SH*T THAT'S A BIG GOLUM!...and there's four more...gulp" moments, I've just been playing with a big smile on my face.

Best game on 3DS full stop.

Gunslinger for me. Just arrived in Nexus but have not had a lot of time yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Didnt realise this was out last friday until was in HMV with mate and he whipped it up, knowing nothing about it and he hasn't put it down since and is trying to get me to buy a copy now.
    What you guys think yourself? Worth the €47.99?

Totally worth it but I'm sure you can get it cheaper than that though.

smokingman wrote: »

Totally worth it but I'm sure you can get it cheaper than that though.

€44.99 in Gamestop.

It feels like I'm near the end game now, but my completion % is 55%.
    I'll be interested to see what it finishes out at.
    I've been doing the sidequests all along too...

Not sure there is a huge amount of replayability in it (as far as I'm aware, there is no New Game+), so the only option is starting from scratch with a different class, or maybe replaying via the online component with friends (or strangers).

Really enjoying it though.... I'd give it a solid 8/10.

Not sure what to do here...
    I'm playing as the Alchitect and I've been chatting to the ghost king in the forest who gave me a "tome of antaxaraxis" or sumthing.
    He asked me to bring it to Eckhart and when I find him in the dingy merchant area, he goes on about something else and doesn't take the tome.

I've completed all side quests up to that but the king of Nexus suggests I find a secret lab in the frost area.

'elp!

• Advertisement

Look at your quest log to be 100% sure of what you need to do. If that one is still outstanding, try setting it as your active quest.

Advertisement