Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Calgary Snow 27th October 2013

• 27-10-2013 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭

Todays snow in Calgary Alberta Canada

i2ak.jpg

of99.jpg

ome1.jpg

qec1.jpg

n8o7.jpg

s2pw.jpg

cury.jpg

o2a5.jpg

1ls3.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Just imagine, a mystical land where the country doesn't grind to a halt because everyone has snow tyres and chains!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Calibos wrote: »
    Just imagine, a mystical land where the country doesn't grind to a halt because everyone has snow tyres and chains!!

This gets on my nerves. Canada knows it's coming, every year. We can have several winters where there is no snow and barely any frost at all. You can't compare the two. Snow chains seriously damage roads. Ditto winter tyres. Governments of colder countries are ambivalent to them for that reason, they're just regarded as a necessary evil. We can't justify the cost of the damage they do to the roads here for the tiny amount of time they might actually be useful.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Ever experience the 'roads' in Winnipeg? And I use the term 'roads' loosely here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

iamstop wrote: »
    Ever experience the 'roads' in Winnipeg? And I use the term 'roads' loosely here.

Do elaborate! :) I'm slightly obsessed with Winnipeg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

snow chains are banned in the part of canada where i'm from!

• Advertisement
Advertisement