Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruby on Rails Event (For Girls!!)

Options
  • 01-12-2012 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Soooo is there any ladies out there planning on attending?? You don't actually need to know RoR, they teach you! It's not until the 8th and 9th of Feburary 2013, somewhere in Dublin, location to be decided. Basically it's just a FREE two-day workshop to drum up interest amongst the female population... ya know, so RoR is not completely saturated with guys :P

You can subscribe to updates & have a read here:
    http://railsgirls.com/dublin

Tell your fellow techie ladies! Really looking forward to it :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 stopandstare

Thanks for posting this Rachel Ann - will definatley be checking this out. Am working away in Javascript at the moment but Rails is my ultimate aim - was going it alone so delighted something like this exists! Yepeee...

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'd definitely be interested in this - keep meaning to start playing around with Rails but just haven't had the time!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Appears to have been *massively* oversubscribed. Out of the tLL girls who applied, one was waitlisted and all the rest rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

Appears to have been *massively* oversubscribed. Out of the tLL girls who applied, one was waitlisted and all the rest rejected.

Just got this email from them...

Thank you so much for applying to Rails Girls 2013. Unfortunately we could not fit you in the workshop this time around. We could only accept a fraction of the applicants and this time around we have prioritised those with no previous programming experience . I hope you are not too disappointed.

Well I am disappointed. I don't know Rails and wanted to learn. Yes I have experience with other code, but not Rails. Bummer.

Advertisement