Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stolen dust caps

Options
  • 27-12-2007 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭

Over the past year beleive it or not I have had 3 sets of dust caps stolen of my car.The first set were a alloys to match the wheels,all taken over the best part of 3 weeks,got a replacement set from the dealer,Stolen again after 6 weeks. Then while on Hols in Spain purchased a metal set cost €3 for the set with the car makers name on the top (FORD) again stolen while in Cork one weekend. Found a set that you can actually lock with a key but by god there are some sad folks out there.
    Are these some sort of fashion accessory?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Don't use the lockable ones unless you want broken valves. I done a bit of security work back in the day and it was young fellas nickin them off merc's and beemers and stickin them on their BMX's :rolleyes:

Caught one of them once he'd a load of them in his pocket.

Simple solution is use plastic dustcaps, i've never had any stolen ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭kyote00

I'm gutted about your loss. Get onto your local TD, I sure he/she can help you.

(translation for the slow: ffs, who needs dust caps with a logo)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭mobby

kyote00 wrote: »
    I'm gutted about your loss. Get onto your local TD, I sure he/she can help you.

(translation for the slow: ffs, who needs dust caps with a logo)

Jez thanks kyote00 I am glad you feel my pain. but dont worry your little self to much about it.
    My point is the things are only €3-€4 euro to buy why would anyone go to the bother of stealing dust caps from a car. anyway eringobragh me thinks yor right plastic is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Most likely kids taking them for their bicycles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭stewiegriffin08

Its more than that. This just reminded me of a few years ago..... It was the whole thing, I had a tin at home full of dustcaps.....Plastic, metal, logos the lot.... I have no idea why.... it was like the pog collection... Just to let you know, Im not proud of it when i think back.... serious though, i only after remembering that now.... must go up to the atitc and get my tin..... start giving them back to the public.... or selling them back :rolleyes: .

Dust caps
    Plastic €5
    Metal €15
    Alloy sets €25

Or go to www.BuyStolenDustCapsAtDiscontPrices.com

:)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yeah i had a set on my car once and they were robbed within the day., I cursed the little bast*** that took them only to find my little bro got into trouble for taking some from the neighbours car too,.lol
    you can get all sorts of locking ones but beware of the cheap metal ones, they can corrode and get jammed on the valve.,

Advertisement