Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco finest amontillado

Options
  • 13-11-2015 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,131 ✭✭✭✭

Tesco did not have my preferred sherry in stock, so I got a bottle of Tesco Finest Amontillado. I have had good experience of buying Tesco finest generally, and their recommended wine selection is usually good.

My question is, is their Amontillado supposed to be cloudy - I know some sherries are, but is this one? It is very average, the description sounds amazing, but I don't think it has a very impressive flavour at all. Anyone else tried it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It would depend on how it's made, to determine if it's meant to be cloudy or not. Amontillado is kind of halfway between fino and olorosso in style. What's your normal preference?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,131 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Yes I would have thought Amontillado was one that I would enjoy - slightly dry but not at the extreme end, light but with an interesting flavour (I don't do wine-speak! :p)

This just tastes of nothing much at all, borderline mousy, but really not enough of anything to tell. I am not enough of an authority on either sherry or wine to be certain though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

looksee wrote: »
    My question is, is their Amontillado supposed to be cloudy - I know some sherries are, but is this one? It is very average, the description sounds amazing, but I don't think it has a very impressive flavour at all. Anyone else tried it?

It's chill haze if you are (correctly) keeping it in the fridge, all sherries should be chilled so its a bit of a cosmetic issue is all.\

Advertisement