Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you were writing....

• 06-11-2015 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

So obviously Seth is out and is vacating the title.... and they are having a tournament at Survivor Series.... but who and what would you do? Does this mean than Reigns is odds on to win the strap or is it now less likely that he does?

If i was writing it....

8 Man Tournament

Alberto Del Rio
    Roman Reigns

Dean Ambrose
    Big Show

Cessaro
    Kevin Owens

Big E
    Ryback

.... Reigns to beat Del Rio with Swagger coming out to cause a distraction with Zeb

.... Ambrose to beat Big Show.... some gimmick non clean finish - maybe count out

.... KO to beat Cessaro in a roll up

.... Ryback mysteriously gets beaten up in the locker room - all broke up - New Day comes out... Celebrating that Big E must get a bye into the next round.... Party Atmosphere - Woods all over the trumpet - New Day Rocks.... Lights Go Out.... Finn Balor music hits.... Demon Balor comes out.... pins Big E

Reigns
    Ambrose

Owens
    Balor

.... Shake hands before the match - too and fro match with neither man dominating... reigns builds up a head of steam - hits the superman punch... goes for the spear and ambrose moves out the way and pulls the ref into the path of reigns.... the ref is down .... Ambrose with a low blow and dirty deeds.... ref comes to 1-2-3 to Ambrose - Reigns is livid!

.... Balor beats Owens with coup de grace

Ambrose
    Balor

.... Ambrose comes out to boos - says he is unstable and is insane but that doesnt make him any less ambitious and he will be World Heavyweight Champion.... Balor comes out - match starts.... Ambrose is dominating Balor -
    Balor battles back and goes for the dropkick into the turnbuckle and ambrose ducks it and rolls balor up and grabs tights - finn barely kicks out... Ambrose gets frustrated and takes balor outside the ring and slams him on the spanish announce table - goes for the run across the annouce tables and Reigns jumps out of the crowd and hits him with the spear.... the ref is checking on Balor and didnt see it... Balor rolls him back into the ring and hits the coup de grace and your NEW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

Finn celebrates in the ring.... Sheamus music hits.... Oi Finn - I dont know who you think you are but there is only one Celtic Warrior.... Show over....

That would be an interesting Show for me haha - sorry if it was long winded and sorry if its massively pro Balor but i think it should be something they look at - consider that Sheamus and Balor work well together - Owens and Balor too - Ambrose and Reigns would make for a decent fued

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭iamthestig

At the moment I think the idea of Balor joining the Brothers of Destruction against the Wyatts is tasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

iamthestig wrote: »
    At the moment I think the idea of Balor joining the Brothers of Destruction against the Wyatts is tasty.

For that match him and sting would be perfect partners for them to me.

on the tournament if i got my way it would be Reigns vs Ambrose for the title and reigns turns heel joins the authority and becomes there new golden boy. i think it would be the best way to go plus it would lead to a feud when rollins eventually comes back against the authority.

I dont think either of those will happen, i see reigns being screwed over by ambrose or the authority and sheamus to win or cash in mitb

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

big push for finn if he joins with taker and kane!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

big push for finn if he joins with taker and kane!

Hed be the Becky Lynch to their Charlotte, I wouldnt be a fan of Finn to be promoted any time soon, enjoying his work in NXT currently and I fear his character isnt ready. A rumble surprise maybe after his feud with Joe.

Id rather see no NXT guys bumped up to the main roster for this tournie.

My thoughts on this situation WWE find themselves is, that with 2 weeks of build for this tornament, there is no one really ready to become champion apart from the obvious Reigns, and even he may not be right for it yet.

I feel WWE are in a position that is going to be hard to deliver. They have had trouble making stars and even though this competition may be the way to make a new star instantly if done right, I just fear they wont satify fans and with no real plan in place as fans are already fantasy booking this whole tournament to have rushed NXT call ups (Balor, Joe, Crews), surprise out side competitors (Angle, AJ Styles, Jeff Hardy) or part time stars (Undertaker, HHH, Brock).

With 2 weeks to plan, everyones expections will most likely be sky high and WWE will most likely not deliver on these high hopes for such a tournament.

Logically, Id say WWE could just throw money at Brock or have Cena return to win the gold since they lack big stars.

Taker is at the event but surely him with the strap in 2015 is a no go.

My pick would be to have Ambrose and Reigns to get to the final and for Hunter to aid his new top guy (could be either Ambrose or Reigns) in getting the win.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The way I see it playing out is Reigns wins the tournament but then Sheamus cashes in on him and becomes champ.

Heel champ who can slot in with the Authority in Sheamus and even the lad he is currently teaming with (Barett) could step in to replace Kane in that set up and provide him with backup / interfere in matches on his behalf. Reigns would also be a more sympathetic face character now having been screwed out of the title despite having to defeat multiple people in one night (the tournament) to get it.

not 100% sure if it's how i'd ideally book it but it's logical WWE booking imo

• Advertisement

The way I see it playing out is Reigns wins the tournament but then Sheamus cashes in on him and becomes champ.

Heel champ who can slot in with the Authority in Sheamus and even the lad he is currently teaming with (Barett) could step in to replace Kane in that set up and provide him with backup / interfere in matches on his behalf. Reigns would also be a more sympathetic face character now having been screwed out of the title despite having to defeat multiple people in one night (the tournament) to get it.

Its a hard sell to plonk Sheamus on the top of the card when he hasn’t looked capable of being one since winning MITB. Last week on Raw he was on the Losing end of a match with the Lucha Dragons and to have him suddenly be elevated to top heel just wouldn’t work.

That being said, as BH suggested, it probably wont stop WWE.

The clear favourite should be Reigns since he’s Number 1 contender, and even though WWE have done a lacklustre job of making him a true star, WWE have positioned him as being the next guy.

But WWE has been awash with changing plans over the last few years, with storylines being changed mid way through to either avoid obviousness ( Sheamus winning MITB over the clear fav Reigns) or due to fans backlash (Rollins cashing in at WM31 , Daniel Bryan being added to WM30 Main event). While Reigns may look on course to win the big one in 2 weeks, it may not happen.

Also with Rollins out injured, and Brock v Taker feud now done, Wrestlemania 32 may need a lot of re jigging between now and April.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Its a hard sell to plonk Sheamus on the top of the card when he hasn’t looked capable of being one since winning MITB...
    That being said, as BH suggested, it probably wont stop WWE.

Also with Rollins out injured, and Brock v Taker feud now done, Wrestlemania 32 may need a lot of re jigging between now and April.

Yeah (agreed 100%) I just see it that he will just be the new Seth as Seth also wasn't being portrayed as a worthy champion and as the authorities puppet.

As this is if you were writing....

If I had been writing / booking the next several months I probably would have had Rollins vs HHH at The Rumble and The Shield triple threat at Mania (or the HHH match at mania and the Shield match later)

As you say both potential Mania matches are now gone and they will def need to rejig any long term plans they had in mind.

Yeah (agreed 100%) I just see it that he will just be the new Seth as Seth also wasn't being portrayed as a worthy champion and as the authorities puppet.

As this is if you were writing....

If I had been writing / booking the next several months I probably would have had Rollins vs HHH at The Rumble and The Shield triple threat at Mania (or the HHH match at mania and the Shield match later)

As you say both potential Mania matches are now gone and they will def need to rejig any long term plans they had in mind.

I read today that plans were Hunter winning the rumble to face Seth at WM32.... Sounds too far fetched to me though.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I read today that plans were Hunter winning the rumble to face Seth at WM32.... Sounds too far fetched to me though.

Yeah seems a bit much to me but they were one hundred percent on a collision course and would have faced each other by mania at the latest imo.

Rock/HHH was the other mania option and could be more certain now but what about the main event or at least the WWE title match (should be main event really).

Brock vs Reigns 2 ? I wouldn't book it but it's the only one that jumps out as I def had Rollins going into this as champ in my head.

maybe HHH vs Reigns with Reigns straight up replacing Rollins who would have turned face by then. Of course that'd leave Rock without an opponent but who knows if he's even a lock for Mania and even if Brock/Rock wasn't an option im sure they would find something for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

It won't happen but Sheamus cashing in before the tournament final to make it a triple threat would be interesting. He'd get to have a competitive match while Michael Cole gets to moan about cashing in on two guys who've done all the work to get there especially Roman Reigns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Personally I would go with Lesnar vs Reigns since it was never finished last year due to the cash-in and it's the only match that I think has a Mania feel about it.

It won't be straightforward getting there though. Reigns to win the Rumble again? Not crazy about that tbh.

Personally I would go with Lesnar vs Reigns since it was never finished last year due to the cash-in and it's the only match that I think has a Mania feel about it.

It won't be straightforward getting there though. Reigns to win the Rumble again? Not crazy about that tbh.

Well given the current title situation i'd have Reigns more likely to be the champ heading into the rumble or match at mania so... Lesnar destroying everyone to win the rumble could be fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Well given the current title situation i'd have Reigns more likely to be the champ heading into the rumble or match at mania so... Lesnar destroying everyone to win the rumble could be fun!

Yeah you could go that way but I'd be worried that Brock chasing the belt would make Brock so over as a babyface that it would end up hurting Reigns. Then again, it's a Mania crowd so it's perhaps unavoidable that Reigns will get loads of boos.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wonder if they'd basically do a re-run of Mania, with Reigns vs whoever for the title, Sheamus cashes in midmatch and tries to steal the title. Could have Reigns fight him off though, stop Sheamus and still win in the ultimate "overcoming the odds" moment.

Still, I'd kill for the final image we see at SvS to be...

tumblr_ntn1tuYTFN1sbzhteo1_400.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lesnar destroying everyone to win the rumble could be fun!

Yeah this is what i'd do, even though he'll be on the card, i wouldnt advertise him for the rumble match itself, the crowd reaction when he rocks up and destroys everybody would be great.

In saying that i expect wwe to have Cena to win the rumble and march to wrestlemania to become the man who beats the man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

have Ambrose win the tourney, Sheamus comes down to cash in, gets blindsided by HHH who cashes in the briefcase, and wins the title, Vickie Guerrero levels of heat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

have Ambrose win the tourney, Sheamus comes down to cash in, gets blindsided by HHH who cashes in the briefcase, and wins the title, Vickie Guerrero levels of heat.

they can't give Ambrose another fake win, can they ?

but they can't have it stolen from Reigns either

In saying that i expect wwe to have Cena to win the rumble and march to wrestlemania to become the man who beats the man

Actually that makes a lot of sense. Before this injury when I had done up a mania Card Cena was the one left without a major opponent, and we all know thats not gonna happen.

Cena vs Reigns is one they could do without disrupting any other big mania matches (HHH vs The Rock, Brock vs Orton, Taker vs Sting etc) and it's also a situation where the same crowd who usually boo Reigns are the people who like to boo Cena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Actually that makes a lot of sense. Before this injury when I had done up a mania Card Cena was the one left without a major opponent, and we all know thats not gonna happen.

Cena vs Reigns is one they could do without disrupting any other big mania matches (HHH vs The Rock, Brock vs Orton, Taker vs Sting etc) and it's also a situation where the same crowd who usually boo Reigns are the people who like to boo Cena.

won't people just boo both of them then ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

How about have Ambrose vs Reigns in the final....Ambrose on top then Triple H comes down helps Reigns win thus turning him heel and becoming the new corporate champion much like the rock did at Survivor Series years ago

Then you have the potential of Ambrose winning the rumble to face Reigns at mania

only problem here is I've no idea where Sheamus fits in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,880 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

have reigns beat ambrose in the semi finals and ambrose shakes his hands after. Kevin Owens to win the other semi final against Cesaro. Reigns wins the final and celebrates with ambrose coming out to say congrats but ambrose hits reigns and sheamus comes out and cashes in the briefcase and wins the title. Starting a reigns vs Ambrose programme

It will be announced by the Autority that they will be scouting talent to replace Seth and all be revealed the night after Survivor Series. They chose the IC champion Kevin Owens and he says hes after one thing the wwe title starting the Sheamus vs Kevin Owens title programme. Owens winning the title at the Rumble with Brock winning the Rumble. Brock vs Owens at Wrestlemania.

Sting and Finn Balor to be Kane/Takers partners at SS vs the Wyatts with this leading to a Sting vs Taker Wrestlemania match and a Finn Balor vs Kane programme after the Taker/wyatt thing is wrapped up at the Rumble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

they need to have Sheamus cash in and lose, or lose the case to someone else, and fast.
    in a WWE with only one world title, nothing good will come of him being champ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

Alot of people would put Ambrose in the tournament final??
    Really??
    Absolutely not for me.
    Would have to be Reigns and Cesaro or Owens....

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

I'd love to see Reigns win it as a heel. It'd be great for his character and would drag Ambrose into the main event as his obvious natural opponent. It'd tee up a triple threat between The Shield nicely too, for a bit further down the line.

Don't know how you'd turn him heel with what type of character they've written for him to this point, though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Sheamus can still have great matches. I could see him being a good heel for Reigns to chase for a couple of months. They don't have a lot of guys for Reigns to feud with right now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

If I was writing,

I would exclude Ambrose from the tournament and make a big deal of it, to eventually lead to him v Triple H and keep Reigns v Ambrose for after mania.

I would have Semi Finals and the Final at Survivor Series. Sheamus as MITB winner and Reigns as the no 1 contender would face off in one Semi Final. By setting one Semi Final early they can build this match.

The other Semi Finalists would have to qualify on RAW over the next two weeks. By having qualifiers it makes the tournament a bigger deal.

The participants would all be champions. Leaving Owens (IC Champ) v Big E (Tag Champ) and Del Rio (US Champ) v Finn Balor (NXT Champ)

So RAW Qualifying:
    Owens would beat Big E
    Finn would Beat Del Rio in the upset

At the PPV:
    Semi Final 1:
    Owens v Balor
    Owens would beat Finn thanks to Del Rio (A nice payback to Owens for putting Balor over on the way out of NXT)

Leading to Del Rio v Finn for an introduction to the main roster. During the feud Lucha Dragons would join Mex America and Finn would recruit Jordan and Gable. Lucha Dragons would take the pin in the blow off tag match before Cena returns to face Del Rio. Finn would be seen again on RAW soon enough to build to the NXT title match at Mania weekend.

Semi Final 2:
    Reigns v Sheamus
    Reigns would win

Immediately after this match the Final Takes place
    Final
    Owens v Reigns
    No winner of this bout as just like Seth, Shemaus would cash in when both men are down and "Rob" them of their title opportunities becoming the new Champion.

Post SS:
    Reigns and Owens would briefly feud over who gets to kill Sheamus, eventually both get their shot at the rumble PPV in a triple threat where Reigns could finally win the title.

Brock would win the Rumble and face Reigns at Mania (again).

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Reigns wins the tournament with a heel turn on Ambrose and joins the Authority

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭iamthestig

#pushcesaro... That is all

Also Smackdown last week showed that Owens is the top heel and could have a good feud with Ambrose. Maybe a future IC idea? Both work well today and the finish was good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Owens - Ambrose was the plan until Rollins got injured. They will almost certainly meet in the semi final of the tournament but then most likely one of them will be needed to feud with Reigns, unless they go with Sheamus for that role.

• Advertisement
Advertisement